Speedster chassis remnants

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Speedster chassis remnants
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Elliott, Tigard, OR on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 03:27 pm:

This chassis consists of the following. The front axle has lowering brackets and split wishbone. The name HAHN is cast into the brackets. The split wishbone brackets bolt to the frame. The front spring is a reverse eye spring. Both the front and rear springs have been modified to look like earlier tapered springs. The frame itself has been cut off at the back and re-attached with bolts and welded. Iím not sure why. There is no rear shackles or spring clamps. The rear end is a small drum with auxiliary brakes that I have never seen and I don't see any name on them. They are very interesting and look as if they would work well going forward or backward. There is a buckboard and two bucket seats. The seats have the bases, only one is attached right now. There is no seat riser. There is a couple of the floor board pieces for around the pedals, but the rest of the floor boards are missing. The firewall and some of the brackets are there but need to be reworked as some have been cut off and the wood is cracked. The parking brake lever has been bent for leg clearance. The wood spoke wheels in the front are rotten and broken away. The rears are not missing any spokes. The de-mountable rims appear to be very usable. The tires are good for rolling around only, as they have cracks. Three of the tires are holding air. There is a Vega or some other steering box that goes with it.
I could possibly deliver within 75 miles of Portland.
$1000 OBO
Contact Scott Elliott 971-5O6-94O2

speedster1

speedster2

speedster3

speedster4

speedster5

speedster6

speedster7

speedster8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By alan landeen on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 05:18 am:

Scott I am interested since i am building a speedster the problem is i live in maine I"m afraid it is too far to ship but if you decide to part it out i would be interested in the seats and the external rear brakes my # is 207 896 5809 email alanlandeen@yahoo.com thanks Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Iowa John L Williams on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 09:36 am:

Scott: Hi From Iowa! Some nice pieces there for a start on a cool Speedster! I would be very interested in it all if we can figure how to get it to Chickasha in March? Do you know anyone headed that way? Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Goble on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

I am interested in your speedster frame, johngoble@icloud.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Elliott, Tigard, OR on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 06:09 pm:

The Speedster chassis has been Sold.
Thanks for all the interest.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration