Moto Meter (Broken) for the price of postage...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Moto Meter (Broken) for the price of postage...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 11:23 am:

Just in case a thread "on the other side" slips down the slippery slope of _________and disappears, I offer the following - and if you are interested a PM should reach me...

Well, the sad fact is that I bought a used Moto Meter early on in my "acquisition" stage in life. Eventually figured out that it would not fit on a T (so I did not check carefully enough)...and the darned thing is too big for a T, AND it has internal threads...guess it is for a Truck of some sort.

Having sat on a shelf for waaaay too long, the red fluid separated in the tube. Being an avid reader of these eloquent words, I learned that one can eliminate the air spaces by firmly gripping said Moto Meter and hitting it (ever so judiciously) against a hard surface (among other "fixes". Unfortunately, I was not judicious enough, and I hit too hard with an improper aim....bent the threaded portion and broke the tube.
I tell you this to make this thread "T" related, and direct you to another link on the internet....

https://nh.craigslist.org/pts/6433651135.html

so, those with Cabin Fever can have a project this winter, if they want another.

Merry Christmas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 01:52 pm:

Part is spoken for. Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration