Fs krw wilson quick bolts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Fs krw wilson quick bolts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 04:47 pm:

Up For sale is my spare set of krw Wilson quick bolts for the Wilson combination machine the price is $250, please include $12 for flat rate shipping in the lower 48 if interested please email me at svibert102@gmail.com thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 06:36 pm:

Sold to Paul thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 09:50 pm:

Which ever Paul bought these...well done! You will love them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 11:55 am:

Spencer and Scott C,

In the spirit of teaching, can you share your wisdom as to how Paul will use this tool. I am curious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 12:41 pm:

Spencer;
looks like a simple tool to build ...does anyone have a drawing for these ? ...always an optimist ...Merry Christmas...Gene French

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 01:32 pm:

Gene, I may have drawings that I did years ago. I'll need to look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 02:04 pm:

They actually are simple tools...hardened very nicely and durable for their purpose.

If you're crazy enough to scrape your own bearings (and I am when the babbit is good and the crank is at or close to original specs)., these things can save you a ton of time rather than using the original bolts for each fit-up.

Set the cap on the crank
Drop the bolts through the cap/block
stick the "fork" in the slots of the bolts
tweak the "nuts" on the end of the bolt to draw up the "forks"
now it's all snug and ready to check bluing/contact area on cap
quick loosen the nut
pull out the fork
withdraw the bolt
caps come off

Imagine assembling the center main with normal bolts, fishing the nuts into place, drawing them up snug

quick bolts cut assembly/disassembly time to less than 10% over factory bolts

You don't use them for full torque as they will deform at the cut-out on the bolt, but they work very well as designed for snug-to-almost-tight

I finally bought a set last month and have put them to use and they are a wonder

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 10:33 pm:

Ah. Ok. Thank you.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration