$500.00 reward. for the return of my stollen parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: $500.00 reward. for the return of my stollen parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Friday, December 22, 2017 - 08:45 pm:

On Sunday 12/17/17 someone broke into my storage facility and stole my six Dayton 30X3 1/2 knock off wire wheels and two small drum Ruckstell rear ends. All the items were older restorations. The wheels are a complete set of six, non pin driven, painted cream yellow, complete with tires mounted, hubs and brass knock off nuts in excellent condition. The Ruckstells are painted black and "Just Ruckstells" If anyone hears of this stuff for sale please contact me right away. 510 581 4911 $500.00 reward for information that leads to the arrest or gets my items returned Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 03:31 am:

Ed,

Sorry for your loss.

Many years ago I had a rental storage unit broken into - it was a random theft - one of several units that were robbed at the same time.

If the theft occurred at a commercial storage unit you lease on a monthly basis - you might have coverage under your homeowner insurance if you want to go that route.

If you have been robbed once - it will usually happen again.

Do you have images of the wheels & tires ?

You might want to post images on your local Craigslist under Wanted - Auto Parts - Antiques - along with any other classifications that apply.

If there are any auto parts re-sellers in your area or any swap meets coming up in the next few months - you might want to contact those parties.

Watch e-Bay to see if they show up.

Just some thoughts to help recover your stolen wheels.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 10:15 am:

You might also post it on the model t facebook page. You'll catch other enthusiasts there who may not be on the forum. I'm sorry for your loss of these parts and sincerely hope you recover them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 10:19 am:

Check local scrap yards QUICK. That is where a lot of stolen metal goes. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By vincent stefanacci on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 10:21 am:

Ed,
Also keep an eye on Craigslist as that might be another way for them to advertise .
Best wishes from New Jersey .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By vincent stefanacci on Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 10:26 am:

I did not see that Jim had already mentioned Craigslist , but check under all sorts of different C~list searches such as antique , vintage , odd , old , speed , and so on .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration