WTB Tucker spoke shims

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB Tucker spoke shims
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 - 10:03 am:

Anyone have a supply of Tucker Spoke Shims for model T ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 - 11:29 am:

If you can't find any, these work well, once you cut a slot in them with tin snips. I found mine on Ebay, just do a search on the part number shown on the bag. Sorry, I don't have any extra ones that I can mail out.

By the way, I noticed that there is a spoke jack for sale on Ebay right now (I have no connection to the seller or ad):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-era-spoke-jack/162820178979?hash=item25e8d6c423:g:X2YAAOSw3RZaQS3x&vxp=mtr

shims

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 - 11:48 am:

Mark: I bought a large Box of new U shaped shims at a junk yard on time that worked real good on the ends of a loose spoke. I understand that they had something to do with the steering on modern cars. that was about 25 years ago. Try your parts stores maybe they still carry them. They were just the right thing to use (not too thin or too thick and since they are U shaped you just use your spoke jack and slip them right in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 - 02:42 pm:

I have some nos, Bob
measure spoke ends for correct size

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration