Double twist torpedo horn for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Double twist torpedo horn for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 07:48 pm:

This is a double twist nonpareil horn, tube, and bulb for a model T torpedo. This one is all original except it has a new bulb. The horn is perfect with the exeption of a small dent behind the mounting bracket. It would be an easy one to repair but wouldn't show at all with the horn mounted on a car. There are no cracks at all. The tubing is also in perfect shape, it just needs to be polished. The horn sounds great.

$500 plus shipping

Call Daniel 831-278-2742

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

for right hand drive. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 09:21 pm:

I have one just like it and is for right hand drive

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 11:12 pm:

Thank you, I guess I forgot to add that part. Yes, right hand drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 08:32 am:

Is this a real Torpedo horn?
The ones I have seen and have are a little different, They look similar but the screen end is at a greater angle. That is to say the end with the screen continues to bend past vertical, not quite 45 degrees. I have a lot of photos but cannot get to them right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 09:18 am:

It is not a torpedo horn in my thinking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 10:43 am:

Here's an older post with some input from Royce near the bottom:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/221059.html?1309919063

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 10:57 am:

Revisit this:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/802165.html?1509116055

It might be a RHD variant used during the mid-1912 "high door" before the conduit went inside the body tub and the horn became an inverted single twist (though it is not the one shown on the mid-'12 in the thread linked to above). The conduit on the horn here seems to be too short to run outside the body, though.

It is not the "ugly" 1911 horn that most refer to as a "Torpedo Horn".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 11:53 am:

$475 plus shipping... and read all of the posts in this thread so you know what you're getting. It is still a very nice double twist model T horn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 02:55 pm:

$450 plus shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:39 am:

$425 plus shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 04:26 pm:

$400 plus shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 12:13 pm:

$375 plus shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 07:54 pm:

$350 plus shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 01:58 pm:

$325 plus shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 12:27 pm:

$300 plus shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John G Smith on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 07:50 am:

It's a very nice horn, and while it might have been used on a T torpedo, I believe it is more likely from a 1911-12 E.M.F.. It appears to be identical to the one on my 1911 E.M.F. roadster and numerous other E.M.F.s that I've seen. I'm sure there is an E.M.F. owner out there looking for a good, complete horn assembly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 04:11 pm:

Sold

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration