Reminder - Classified Threads are not Archived

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Reminder - Classified Threads are not Archived
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 02:16 pm:

Just a reminder - if you want to save any interesting discussions or information that have occurred in the Classified thread, you need to store it yourself - Classified threads are not archived by year like the standard discussion threads. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Joosse on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 05:49 pm:

Thanks, Mark, for your reminder. When does this occur? Is it on Jan. 1st?
It's unfortunate that the Classifieds aren't archived. There are some very interesting, informative threads that occur in the classifieds and it's tragic that this is all lost annually unless one has the foresight to know what subject matter might be personally important in the future. Or to have had the time to have read them all to even know what you might like to save.
I think we are losing a lot of expertise, experience and best practices by some of our best minds because the subject matter was introduced in the classified section which led to an in-depth discussion. Do we really want to lose that knowledge?
What is the reasoning behind this practice? Is it possible to change it?
That's my two cents,
Fred

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 05:57 pm:

Good question!

Chris, do the classifieds get periodically wiped out, or do they just drop out the bottom as time goes by?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 11:24 am:

I kinda wish the classifieds were setup like the forum so that you could search on items and what stuff sold for. I think it would be interesting to see what prices cars were advertised 5 or more years ago.

Iím not sure what the criteria is, but I count on things disappearing after 6 months.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration