Swap/ Early Closed Pinion Spool Ruckstell Housing for later

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Swap/ Early Closed Pinion Spool Ruckstell Housing for later
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 10:36 am:

Have a Ruckstell small drum housing for Closed Drive Shaft pinion bearing . Not for sale but I would like a trade this for same housing made for later (1920-1925)style open DS pinion bearing housing. This is a spring project, gathering pieces. The exchange could be made at Chickasha in Mar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 11:53 am:

Warren,
How do you tell the difference?
Robbie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 01:51 pm:

Robbie, The portion of the housing where the bolts fasten the spool are flat or smooth on the later and are machined on the earlier to fit the lip on the closed spool. You have to use early housings with early driveshafts because of this issue . Find me a later style one down your way. They should be more common that the one I have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 02:15 pm:

Warren: I should have a complete 26/27 Ruckstell for sale in the next week or so. Came out of a running car. Call me if you are interested. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 02:50 pm:

Thanks Dan but looking looking for 20-25 Ruckstell housing only.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 03:33 pm:

I may have what you need PM me your phone number and I will send you a picture .

Robbie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:52 am:

MTFCA Classifieds does it again. Robbie now has what he needs for his 16 and I have what I need for my 25. Worked like a good trade should.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration