Info on steel wheels on my 1912 touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Info on steel wheels on my 1912 touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 05:36 pm:

hi there I had a 1912 touring , it had steel fellow wheels they looked like the standard wood fellow wheels . The outer rim was the same as you would see on the early wood wheels the hubs are the same to ,, but the spokes are steel round ovel type . I'm told there nick named of those wheels are ,,, sales mans wheels , back in the day the sales man traveled a lot and could not depend on the hickory spokes ,, they broke on the long road . I tried to post a picture of them.. can anybody sine light on these wheel ,,, PLUS IF ANYBODY WOULD HAVE A SET OF THEM THAT MIGHT STEEL THEM email is andrewtherock@live.ie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 05:52 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/251928.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andrew o sullivan on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 06:36 pm:

Hi There Ed the attachment that you posted ,,, In the attachment there is a speedster with white wheels,, the wheel has a snapped spoke , that is the type of steel wheel I'm looking for with the rims that can be bolted of ,, in the picture the steel spoke has snapped .. anybody can help me thanks for your time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 07:44 pm:

Those are the Parker Hydraulic wheels. Steel wheels with 8 spokes and no felloe, the rim bolts right to the end of the spokes... I hope someone out there in Internet-land is willing to part with one for you

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration