WTB. TT hitch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB. TT hitch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Upper Texas Gulf Coast on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 05:42 pm:

Anyone have hitch that bolts to worm gear housing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 05:47 pm:

Cool. Good luck. Put my name on the list if anyone has 2 they can part with.

We will probably find a chicken with teeth first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 06:27 pm:

Looks like something pretty easy to cast and machine, but expensive. A lot easier and cheaper to have a welder reconstruct a clone of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 06:31 pm:

Cool, now I want one. I could also make one like Terry said since I have extra end caps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Upper Texas Gulf Coast on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 07:06 pm:

Ye of little faith....Sure it is a long shot. But I know there is one and I already have the chicken.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Upper Texas Gulf Coast on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 07:06 pm:

Ye of little faith....Sure it is a long shot. But I know there is one and I already have the chicken.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:02 pm:

Awesome BOB!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 07:15 am:

Iíve sort of been looking for one as well. There is another version that I would like but I donít have the picture handy. I would say I know where one is but canít get the owner to let it go. Yes to hens teeth if you want an original. As odd as it is I am guessing few know what it is if it was laying around. I am glad you asked just to see how the thread goes. Put me on the list that seems to be getting longer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 07:23 am:

Found this old post. Check out the TT hitch at the end.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/50893/69246.html?1226098461

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 08:02 am:

Tim, that is the one I have been looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 08:02 am:

Tim, that is the one I have been looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 08:03 am:

Oops, fat finger. Thanks Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 12:11 pm:

Tim, if you would like more pictures let me know. This "hitch" is mine and is going on my TT. The differential bracket is separate from the hitch. The hitch is a Buttler Coupler made in Hesston, Kansas and the great grand son is a model T guy, so it adds "story" to my truck. The coupler itself is not hard to find but I have never seen another axle part. Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 01:55 pm:

Jerome, I see now what you mean. Similar to what Bob is asking for. Back to hens teeth. The pictures here I have saved so I am good. Will just keep looking. Thanks for sharing. TS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 06:39 pm:

The top one that Bob posted could be made and would not require still more parts....aka the coupler. If someone were to cast these up how many here would be interested and what would be the upper limit on what you would pay?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Carrico on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 07:09 pm:

Those are really neat, I'm thinking how great they would be great on my doodlebug and on the TT. I would love to see some cast up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Gilham Bellflower Ca. on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 09:25 pm:

Jerome, I would certainly be interested in one, either one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erick Keenan - Vineland NJ 08360 on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 07:12 am:

Jerome, you may have already asked the grand son if he has the the original molds but he maybe never looked? Erick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 03:46 pm:

As far as I know Larry knows not were they went. I would of helped to get some made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Pringle on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 04:22 pm:

The top photograph in this thread is the hitch on my 1918 TT. I am in Scotland, so not handy to get a copy. It was made in Otley Yorkshire,pic of manufacturer taken in the 40s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 07:20 pm:

Trophy if I use a generational term. Just very cool period option. Thanks James.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 08:10 pm:

By the way, it is interesting it was cast in the 40s for a 20 plus year old vehicle. Maybe that says the TT was not obsolete yet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 08:16 pm:

Or the picture is from the 40s I guess. My misunderstanding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Leonhardt on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 12:52 pm:

I'm interested in procuring one for my TT. Thank you, Jack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 12:55 pm:

I'd like one like the first picture in the this thread.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration