Delco - Remy Distributor for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Delco - Remy Distributor for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 04:44 pm:

I have a Delco - Remy Distributor. I bought this for one of my cars but I have decided to go a different direction.
Comes with Distributor (Cap has a chip, see pictures), Coil and coil mount, plug wires, Reprinted instructions, NOS Cap, NOS Rotor and NOS Points (points are already installed).

Missing the mount. What you see in the pictures is what I have.

$150 Shipped anywhere in the USA

Email is best as PM's don't seem to go thru for me.
vwfool@aol.com

Located in Oregond1d2d3d4d5d6

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 11:18 pm:

Hi Scott- pretty sure that distributor is not for a Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 12:02 am:

I bought it from a guy that seemed to know his Model T stuff but perhaps not. Looks like the one in the picture on the directions to me.

What does it go to?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 12:35 am:

1928 Chev.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 01:26 pm:

Thanks for the info guys.
Anyone know a good place to advertise a Chevy distributor for sale?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 02:38 am:

http://vcca.org/forum/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary
Or ebay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 09:42 am:

Thanks. I am new to cars of this vintage hence the reason I bought a Chevy distributor for a Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 01:22 am:

Looks a lot like the distributer on my 29 International (XA Waukesha).
Nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Rice on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 08:35 am:

I have a guaranteed all factory original ERSTED POWER UNIT that was made in the late 20's in Williamette, Oregon that has a 26-27 Ford T engine with a cast iron pan, a water pump for stationary duty and a Delco-Remy distributor and ignition system. It also has the original Ford Transmission with a hand clutch and keyed output shaft for a flat belt pulley. They were factory built for the timber industry to run buzz saws. Yes, Delco-Remy supplied distributors and governors for Ford Model T engines. This stationary power unit has very low original hours on it, is still standard bore with beautiful cylinders and still has the original Ford script cast iron pistons. The only thing that has ever been replaced is the head gasket when the head was pulled to inspect the cylinders prior to starting...and yes, she runs sweet! It also has a standard 6 volt battery tray and factory Ford model T starter. It is mounted to the original cast steel base and has an integral fuel tank, Ford high style radiator, factory hood that is stamped ERSTED POWER UNIT and original brass factory ID tag...really cool!
If anyone is interested in purchasing this power unit, I will sell it cheap ($1,800.00) to hopefully provide it a good home. I moved and am out of space for all the toys. I also have all the very interesting written history on it and can dig it out and provide photos. This is one of two units that are known to be in existence and a true piece of American history! You would be hard pressed to buy an original low hour 26-27 engine alone for this money.
Thanks,
Rick Rice (330)714-8151
rickrice04@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 11:11 am:

Sold to Gene

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration