OT: still in the hospital

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: OT: still in the hospital
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 12:34 pm:

An update on my surgery. They found that removing that stone from my kidney by going through the back wasn’t going to work. So they went the long route through my bladder. They broke it up but did not remove it. That will happen in a second procedure in about three weeks or so.

The recovery is nightmarish ... incredible pain. On the best pain meds they have and am told it will progressively get better in the next few days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Keller on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 01:40 pm:

Will pray for a speedy recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Pfau on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 01:46 pm:

Hang in there Mark, I'm sure it will get better as they say, just not fast enough. Too bad you couldn't get it over with the first go though. Best wishes on your recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 03:03 pm:

been there done that about 10 times, it will be allright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Crosby Webster, NY on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 07:21 pm:

Mark, Wishing all the best for you, get well soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 07:33 am:

Mark,

Wishing you the best of Luck and a speedy recovery.

Don't let them use the velcro incision closure like Charley's, you don't want to compete with Charley's 10! WOW!, 10? Is that much pain bearable?

Hang in there Mark. I look forward to reading MANY more of your posts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 10:55 am:

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 11:12 am:

Ouch!! Sending up prayers for minimized pain and quick recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 03:27 pm:

Mark

I empathize with You, Kidney stones are indeed painful, I have had them several times found nothing that worked for the pain which would be a 10 and then stop, going to a 0 making You wonder if You just imagined it and then pain starts at 10 again and you know it's real, They used a ultrasonic cannon called a lithotripter ?
to break mine up, one of the worse parts of recovery was the tube and string perhaps TMI.
Hope You get well and pain free soon. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 07:23 pm:

Mark, this thread is in the classified unless you are selling your kidney stones??? lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 09:11 pm:

Thanks all. My wife told me not to post anything while on these pain killers. Moving a little easier today ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 09:25 pm:

Mark, another caution about them pain pills. When I was in the hospital, back in July, looking at Craigslist, I called about an Edsel for sale and made plans to go check it out. Thank God it sold before I got out of the hospital. Pain pills can make a man do funny things, like post in the wrong forum. Get well quick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 07:30 am:

Yes .... thankfully I didn’t bid on anything on eBay or answer any work emails in the past two days. Feeling much better this morning and can’t wait to get off these medications.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 10:06 am:

Wishing you a Speedy Recovery my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 02:45 pm:

Mark

Do heal well and watch the ‘oids’ as they make it too easy to keep you from complaining :-). If you don’t have any clotting concerns you may want to ask for a 400 mg ‘Aspirin’ in between times!

I missed most of a month when I came within a cotter pin diameter of being on the other side...they kept me doped after the surgeries...then one morning I took a selfie to see what ‘not enough skin left to stitch’ looked like! I was impressed, and relieved, by what I saw so I posted! I was delusional as my eyes apparently looked like double glaucoma, and my forehead looked like it was hit with double aught and THEN picked by the turkey vulture, but to me registered as fine...I managed to delete it 2days later, after I said no more opiods, just big “aspirin” and then I’d carb up to get dopey sleepy. Got me through....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 06:31 pm:

Hang in there Mark, I am having this done Monday, I had bladder stones and when I went in for the catheter removal, they found a large kidney stone in my right kidney so back in for lithotripsi, had to do it from the front so a lot of soft tissue damage then when I went to have the stent removed they found that the pieces were all jammed up in the pipe just below the bladder, so Monday the will laser the pieces out and remove the stent, hopefully a lot of the side and back pain will go away . In two weeks I have to go back in for a knee replacement, This stuff has kept me out of T's since May, hopefully I will be better by summer, getting old doesn't help, I am 78.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 06:54 pm:

Rick,Sorry to hear about your problems. It is a New Year. gotta be better. Any help I can be just let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 10:23 pm:

Hey Rick, Sorry you are going through all that. I do feel your pain .... literally. They haven’t told me when they’ll take out my stent and the broken stone they worked on during the first surgery. My side is killing me. I’m a young pup of 62.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 11:01 am:

Warren, thanks for the offer, I will call you if I need anything.

Rick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration