WANTED 30 x 3 1/2 Rim like this one.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WANTED 30 x 3 1/2 Rim like this one.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By j case on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 04:51 pm:

Looking for a 30 x 3 1/2 rim like this. I'm not sure who the maker was. Maybe Stanweld or Jaxon?

This is a demountable rim without attached lugs.

I'm in Wenatchee WA, USA. It would be nice if it was close, but if it isn't I am still interested.

Thank you,
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 12:10 am:

J.Case, I have some, Walk ins only. I also have a lot of the the detachable lugs. The rims are in very good condition. How soon do you need them I will be Wenatchee this summer and can deliver them.
Dave Huson, 2116 Charro Ave. Longmont, Co. 80504

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By j case on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 04:17 am:

I need one for a spare. How much is it? If you are coming this way anyhow that would be wonderful. Ill have to check and see if i need lugs. I imagine I probably am missing some.

Thank you

John Case
casej451@yahoo.com
509-387-3694

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 10:25 am:

John, I am not sure just exactly when I will be in Wenatchee. But there is a possibility that I can get them to Wenatchee on March 9th. I have been asking $59.00 for them. They are in good shape with no rust. If bought I will throw in all the lugs needed.
Dave Huson 2116 Charro Abe. Longmont, Co. 80504 Phone 303-774-9246

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By j case on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 07:20 pm:

Dave,

I was looking and it turns out I need more than I thought I did. Please bear with me as I do not know the correct terms for these parts.

Pictures are here: https://imgur.com/a/mvrfO

I would be interested in buying any or all of the parts on this list that you might have.

2 rims like above (or maybe 3 if you have them)
10 wedge with nut
4 lug bolt
3 plate (attaches with screws)
1 iron felloe splice

Also one bolt and nut for a later steel felloe 4-bolt T wheel (countersunk lug).

Do you use boots in your tires? I am going to buy a new repro "wards riverside" tire for a spare. I have heard they do not have the super-wide clincher beads like the old ones. I am not sure if a boot is needed or desirable. Also, are any of the current crop of inner tubes better than others?

Let me know a total and where to send payment. Hope to see you in the spring/summer.

Thanks again!,
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 12:23 pm:

Dave- I need one of those rims. Is there any chance that someone in your neck of the woods is coming out to the western national tour and could give it a ride?
Thx, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 12:36 pm:

Dan and J.Case; The more I look at your pictures the more I am concerned that mine are different. Mine are 4 lug demountable rims used from 1919 to 1922. If I find time I will take some pictures of them today.

Dan, I think I do know someone that is thinking about going out to NAPA to the National Tour.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration