Wanted: Brass Windshield Supports

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: Brass Windshield Supports
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 01:02 pm:

I am no doubt looking for hens teeth here, but you never know unless you ask. I would like to find a pair of brass windshield supports for my 1910 T. I currently have the later (1911/12) style that has the pinched and drilled ends, but the earlier ones had a casting mated to the end of the tubes at the hinge area. If these are impossible to find I can use what I have, but it's always nice to put the correct parts on these early cars!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brian korth on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 06:07 pm:

may have the style you need ? will give you a call

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 07:12 pm:

If you find them I'd be interest in the ones for the '11, I have repops!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 09:32 pm:

There was a guy at Hershey who makes them and they looked very good. I took a picture of his work and have his card but it is up in NY and I am in Florida until May.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 12:02 am:

Speedway motors had them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 09:30 am:

Val, those are exactly what I'm looking for! Does anyone else remember this guy at Hershey? Steve, how long ago did Speedway Motors have them, and aren't they hot rod suppliers? Brian, I sent you a PM; call me please. And Gary, absolutely, I'll send you some pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Raynor in Southampton on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 09:46 am:

You might check with Lang’s I saw that they had a good number of brass windshields from speedway on the shelf. Maybe they have the supports also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 10:53 am:

I believe they have the supports, but not the one's for the early T's (1909/10).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 03:54 pm:

Bill I will see if I can get one of my kids to look for the guys card. It's a long shot as I am not sure I remember exactly where it is but I will give it a shot. The ones on my '10 have stress cracks all over them but I have been filling them in with silver solder and that seems to work so far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bmodeltman on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 06:34 pm:

The guy at Hershey, is he from Maryland?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 07:11 pm:

I think he was in fact from MD and had something to do with aviation as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 07:14 pm:

Bill they still have them, $97 I got the whole windshield frame for a 1911 from them frame, glass chanel, and support rods. It was around $500 for everything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 07:23 pm:

Also a heads up on the speedway windshields we ordered a windshield for a 1909 T touring car several years ago from a very well known reputable Model T parts supplier. When the whole kit arrived for the 09 we opened the first box only to find another box within that had speedway markings and labels. We could have cut the cost of this part/kit by $150 by ordering direct from speedway and not getting it through a middle man.
So chances are if you go somewhere else speedway is exactly where your parts are coming from.!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration