Turtle deck for sale pre 1922

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Turtle deck for sale pre 1922
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike sleep on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 09:13 pm:

I have a pre 1923 turtle deck for sale. I can send more pictures. asking $350. Located near KC. THANKS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 07:14 pm:

If it were in 250 miles of me, I’d dang sure buy it. Would cost too much to get it here...:o(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Burr on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 04:06 am:

How Mike I will buy please send me info to pay if still for sale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 08:14 am:

Mike, Your turtle deck is 1917-1922. Its a really nice looking turtle deck for the price. You shouldn’t have any trouble selling it locally within a couple weeks time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:52 am:

I believe the flat handles were used on 1919-22 Fords. That looks like a nice turtle, and it's a good price for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 02:29 pm:

1917-1922 according to Bruce M’s encyclopedia:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 03:24 pm:

If u can find a box for it I think UPS ill take it as an oversize package. Costs more though. Ck with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike sleep on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 04:21 pm:

I just realized there is a "kick out" in the front panel that I would assume would be for a battery. I would guess this would have came off of a 1919-1922. I hope this helps. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Fisher on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 05:20 pm:

Guys, Is this a roadster or coupe turtle deck? How do you tell the difference?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 06:28 pm:

Randy -- It's from a Roadster (Runabout). The Coupe turtles were very different.

Adam -- We had a discussion here about these turtles a year or two ago. Everyone agreed that the change to the flat handles must have occurred at the same time as the addition of the battery notch in the front panel. No one here had ever seen one without the other. Prior to that, I thought Bruce was correct as you noted. But since then, I believe all the others whose experience was the same as mine, not having seen a turtle with only one or the other of those features. I haven't seen all of those turtles, of course, but there were a lot of pairs of eyes involved in that discussion.

It's too bad Bruce isn't still around to ask about this. We all owe him a great debt of gratitude for his work, but there are a few things he didn't get right. God bless him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 06:54 pm:

Mike,

I had one just as nice off a 23-25 and what I believe you have is an early "take off". Somebody bought a roadster and quickly removed the turtle deck and hung it somewhere to convert the car into a truck. They show up sometimes and the turtle deck was probably only on the car for a few days/ weeks/ or months. That is a really nice piece and it would be interesting to know how you found it.

Somebody removed it and stored it in a good environment where it wouldn't get wet or dented up, probably spent decades hanging on a nail somewhere. Mine was high on the wall of a barn.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike sleep on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 08:50 pm:

I bought this out of an estate where it was Literally hanging on nails in a garage. I purchased several things that day that I have been able to use, but this serves no purpose for me. Just trying to find a good home for it. thanks for the additional info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 12:13 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 09:34 am:

Mike S. -- I have sent you a PM through the MTFCA system. If it's not in your email inbox, check your trash folder. Sometimes these messages go there. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike sleep on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 08:23 pm:

It is sold. THANKS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 09:25 pm:

RE Randys question. Coup trunks were built as part of the body and can not readily be removed like the runabout.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Fisher on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 10:30 pm:

Thanks Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 08:34 pm:

I am glad this was posted,I have a "turtle" and was wondering what year it was and such.Now that I have saw this I will check it tomorrow and see what I have had hanging around for 10 years! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration