WTB Wakesha Ricardo/Giant/Haibe/Simmons

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB Wakesha Ricardo/Giant/Haibe/Simmons
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 02:38 pm:

I feel that my Prus head is a little too high powered for me and am looking for a lower compression but better than stock, original performance head. Something in the 4.2:1-5:1 range would be nice. Willing to purchase, or trade for my Prus head. My understanding is a Ricardo, Giant, Haibe, or Simmons head fit the ticket for what I want.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 06:28 pm:

I have a friend that has played with different heads on his speedster, he got bigger bang for his buck with the high compression pistons with a shaved high head. He played with them on a dyno to see what the gains or loses where. Just my thoughts! My next one will be the pistons that way no one knows they are in there and you can tell them it is all stock when you blow away an A, that really chokes those boys up!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 07:33 pm:

I understand a unmilled high head will stand to have .150 milled off, without presenting a problem. Anyone have an idea what the compression would be with high compression pistons and a head milled this much?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 07:56 pm:

Matthew, what do you mean Prus is too high powered?
Hard to turn over? Just curious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 08:24 pm:

Hard to turn over is part of the problem. That, and the 6:1 ratio while not too bad I worry about shortening babbit life. Largely I like the p head alot, but I'm kind of interested in returning the. Oupe back to a more period lower compression. Might add a high volume intake and simmons carb for a little boost. A giant haibe etc head would be nice and correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 08:24 am:

Donít worry about shortening the babbitt life... The babbitt will probably outlive the crankshaft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:46 am:

It's an ee 26/27 crank so even the crank will probably be fine. Mainly I'm looking for an original hc head for originality/fun. I'd love to be able to run an original iron hc head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 12:05 pm:

Have ricardo might sell
Alst have high head shaved 1/8 inch
That with hc piston be good combo
Send me a pm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration