1909 MAXWELL BRASS HORN

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1909 MAXWELL BRASS HORN
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 06:05 pm:

1909 MAXWELL BRASS HORN, EXCELLENT CONDITION $350.00 PLUS SHIPPINGBRASS HORN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 12:09 pm:

BUMP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 05:21 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Monday, March 12, 2018 - 08:20 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Monday, March 12, 2018 - 08:33 pm:

Glen.. I'm not 100 percent sure, but I don't think this is a Maxwell horn. I know for sure it doesn't fit the 2-cylinder cars. The bracket is wrong. And I'm pretty sure they used the same bracket on the touring cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 03:43 am:

The '08 and earlier Maxwells seem to have had a variety of horn options. But, the mounting brackets seem pretty consistent in the cars that I've seen. Here is a typical example of the horn mounting on an '08 Maxwell LC.

horn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 06:34 am:

Correct Eric. The 09 through 12 had the bugle type horn, but the same 3.5" tall bracket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 12:02 pm:

I am no Maxwell expert, but was told it was for an early Maxwell. All I know is this is a very nice horn and would look good on any car. However the mounting bracket has two 3.2 inch long horizontal mounting brackets separated by 2 inches and 2 mounting holes. It is multiple twist and different than the horn shown. Thanks for the info. Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 11:29 pm:

For a few years I had a Maxwell 1911 AB with 2 cylinder motor. The car was complete but needed restoration. I sold it to a friend who IS restoring it. It has the same vertical straight piece of steel mounting on the right hand side as pictured by Eric and I saw a few brass horns that had what was most definitely the same mounting type with a vertical single inline metal piece mounting as shown in Eric's picture. All of the horns I saw were too rough for me to restore so I kept looking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ben Popadak on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 12:09 am:

The photo I just got off the Yahoo Maxwell group forum. Merle gave me the photo many years ago and I put it on the website. The horn is off the 1909-1912 Maxwell A series cars. Maxwell guys will know who Merle is. He has forgotten more than most people know. I remember seeing a photo showing Merle retrieving a rough Maxwell find back in 1948. And he's still at it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 02:16 pm:

Ok, So what does it fit? It is a very nice horn and belongs on a nice car. Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 01:17 pm:

bump

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration