WTB window brace that hold the pull strap

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB window brace that hold the pull strap
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 05:18 pm:

I need four of the metal pieces that attach to the bottom of the wood frame model t window that holds the leather strap to pull the window up with. Maybe even the later piece that goes on the glass would work or I can make it work. Frank 818-254-6797 Thank You

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 10:54 am:

I would even settle for drawings or pictures of the part if someone has it. All closed cars had windows with pull straps. I could make it if I knew what the part is supposed to look like. Please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 11:07 am:

Frank,

On our '20 Center Door, the windows sit in a three sided metal channel with the strap attached to the bottom. Is this what you're looking for? The three sided channel rises/lowers in the wooden channel of the door or body framing. Thus, each channel has to be made to fit the window in that position. I have two different sizes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 11:17 am:

Frank you might want to be a little more specific as to what car you are working on. Your profile shows a 1912 town car. If that is the case, the later cars, the windows sat in the metal channel and did not have the wood frame. Wouldn't the lifting strap be mounted to something like a footmans loop that would be attached to the bottom of the sash? I do not have the needed info just trying to help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 11:18 am:

Oh! You might post this as a question on the forum. Maybe someone there might have a photo or two of how it's done or other suggestions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 01:14 pm:

You are both correct, I should put this into the forum but you never know if someone has all or part of such a pull strap holder. I vagely remember this piece on my 18 centerdoor but unfortunately I sold it so I cannot look. (I wish I still had it) The wood window frame on the towncar is only 1/2 inch thick and no room to put a screw without splitting the wood. On my centerdoor the hook/loop that held the cloth strap was on the bottom, I think, or should it be on the side?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration