WTB: 1909/11 gas cap

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB: 1909/11 gas cap
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 07:26 pm:

Since I missed out, again, on the deal of the century I figure I may as well cast a line out. If anyone has an extra, original 1909/11 gas cap like the one Lang's recently (and quickly) sold on the classifieds I'd be interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 09:34 am:

It sold quick because it was a $225 part for $40! I bet there are plenty gas caps like that one around, but at their “market price”.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 11:05 am:

Why would Lang's sell it so cheap? Surely Don knows the value of the early T parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 12:29 pm:

Well if he doesn't, he does now...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ashley Lang on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 12:51 pm:

Bill, Don bases a lot of what he sells off of what he bought it for. Sometimes not just what they are straight worth. I think this was buried at the bottom of a pile of stuff he got and our reproduction version of the same cap sells for $31.50. He didn't spend a lot on it..so he gave someone a deal. Nothing wrong with that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 01:27 pm:

I've always had a great respect for Don, but not my opinion just went up a notch! Attaboy, Don!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 01:35 pm:

Bill, We make the reproduction, $29.95 plus shipping

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration