I I bought a trunk.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: I I bought a trunk.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 03:02 am:

The only storage area on Henrietta is the round 4 gallon drum toolbox on the running board, so I bought this period box to carry on the tray.

It suits her well. It may have been a carpenters box.

Under the drawers is a long compartment suitable for storing handsaws.

A really nice touch is the built in working lock.

The key is a complicated looking affair, so I had better not loose it.

Hope you like it.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 07:46 am:

Anyone know how to shift this to the forum? Damn smart phone too smart for me.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 10:24 am:

Sorry double post, I can edit but not remove the 2ed one.

(Message edited by redmodelt on January 19, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 10:35 am:

Very nice carpenters tool case! Very well built.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon A. Clayton Sr. on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 10:44 am:

Got one like it full on old tools
They are really neat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 11:24 am:

Carpenter chests are very common up here in Minnesota.

I see them at estate sales on a regular basis. Practically every antique shop I walk into has at least one.

There's always a few on Craigslist:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/atq/d/wood-tool-chest/6445658772.html

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/atq/d/wood-tool-chest/6450252534.html

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/atq/d/old-tool-box/6452717979.html

Also have a large one in the basement taking up space that I picked up with one of my Model T parts hauls.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Iowa John L Williams on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 12:24 pm:

Hi From Iowa! I have a very simaler chest that I use in our '14 Com Rdst pickup and it is very handy - You will be glad to have it! John

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration