For Sale 1950 Ford 2 dr 53,000Miles

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale 1950 Ford 2 dr 53,000Miles
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 08:15 am:

1950 Ford 2 door with 53,000 miles. Always elderly owned. All original interior and Ford script glass, no cracks. Runs great, original 6-3 speed overdrive. 1 repaint many years ago. Fulton visor and fender skirts. Original radio works. Good Mn. title. $7,500. No texting. 507 458 6778.pixpixpixpixpixpixpixpixpixpix

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 09:44 am:

She's a beauty Bob, well worth more than the asking price !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 10:39 am:

Iíll take it Bob. Just tell me where to send the check. And can I pick it up in the Spring after your snow melts? Iíve recently been looking for a Ďyear of birthí Ford. Thanks !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 06:35 pm:

Hii The car is sold pending payment, Thanks George, Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 08:51 pm:

Congratulations George. Looks like a great deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Houston---WNC on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 10:32 pm:

That 6 with OD should be a great road car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 08:15 am:

My 52 Mercury with overdrive back in the day would get 23 mpg if I drove it like I had some sense. I know George isn't worrying about gas mileage but that Ford six should do even better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 08:20 am:

That car is going to need a split manifold and a pair of smittys. Can't beat the sound of an old straight six rigged out that way. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 04:59 pm:

OK Robert, Iíve been doing Model T s for 51 Years now. And I like performance items of the era and have installed same on my many Ts. Some have NH straight through, some have U&Js and one even has a Stromberg OF 1. I aim to restore and keep the flathead 6 in this coupe but donít, for the life of me, know what a ďsplit manifold and pair of smittysĒ are! Please enlighten me. :o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Stubenvoll on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 05:40 pm:

Split exhaust manifolds are an old hot rod trick for straight sixes. Gives you dual exhaust and the smittys are glass pack mufflers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 05:59 pm:

Thanks Dave. I expect Iíll be soon learning a lot more after I get this coupe home. Gorgeous roadster in your profile and I enjoyed your personal quote too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Stubenvoll on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 06:50 pm:

Thanks for the compliments George,
Funny thing about that picture of my car, it was not a photo-op. Just happens to be where I ran out of gas and was waiting to be rescued!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 08:04 pm:

Smithys not Smittys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 10:43 am:

Hi, George. Those old inline sixes usually have only five exhaust ports, the center one exhausting cylinders 3 & 4. The intake and exhaust manifolds are bolted together at that point to provide heat for the intake. Guys would cut the exhaust manifold in two behind the center port, block off the two ends and cut an outlet in the back part to hook up another pipe. The two pipes would be installed with a pair of smittys or cherry bomb mufflers. This arrangement leaves the engine exhausting four cylinders through one pipe and two through the other. I seriously doubt that this will do anything for the cars's performance but it'll make a sound that will stir the soul.

Hey, we were teenagers, it didn't have to make sense. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 11:28 pm:

Beautiful shoe box ford

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 03:57 am:

Ed, I think "Smittys" is a slang term for the "Smithys", at least it was around here. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 04:01 am:

Robert, a "2/4" split sure does have a sound all it's own. :-) Of course it helped the car's performance, didn't every modification? :-) :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 07:34 am:

Also flames painted on the sides picks up a couple MPH. True story, read it in consumer reports

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 09:55 am:

:-) Okay, you guys are right. All that stuff made 'em faster. Split manifolds, flames, fender skirts, Olds spinners, moth balls in the gas tank, etc. We had those old cars so hot it's a wonder we didn't all kill ourselves. Those were the days. :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 10:06 am:

I like the white walls!
Adds class to any car!
Honestly, that price is a bargain.I never hear of 1 going that cheap around here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 11:19 am:

It must be a very early 50 if it has the external hinges on the trunk. They were on the 49's and very early 50's. Nice car, George!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By creston on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 11:20 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By creston on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 11:23 am:

My car for 40+ years. v8 overdrive and original paint. What I didn't have as a teenager but always wanted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 11:30 am:

i once owned a 1949 club coupe , with fenton dual exhaust, v8 flathead, dual carbs. Great car. I miss it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By creston on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 11:36 am:

The coupe was always more sporty looking. I have a back seat witch I think is unusual.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 03:03 pm:

Gee, gosh, golly; thanks for all the input and accolades guys. I am, indeed excited about the week-away receipt of this coupe. I sent Bob the check 2 days ago and contracted with his car hauler recommendation the same day. I expect to keep the flathead six; maybe find some era correct performance add ons and was disappointed to find out blue dot tail light lenses are illegal in Texas. One thing Iím NOT going to do is hang on one of those gaudy Continental Kits. Thanks again Bob. Iíll be phoning you Friday or Saturday. !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 04:04 pm:

You might check with the classic ford group that drives and shows this model, it may be OK for antique registration and plates, a lot of things are OK on antique's that wont normally fly, No Inspection sticker, seat belts, brake lights, turn signals, single tail light and the list goes on, I wouldn't worry about the blue dot, I doubt there are many police officers who would know the law on the blue dot or care, if they did might use it as excuse to pull You over and look at Your car. This would be something that would be caught in a vehicle inspection and with Antique plates You don't need one, plus only one rear license plate required a lot of exceptions for old cars registered as antiques in Texas.
X Cop Jim, Good luck

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration