FS 1926 coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS 1926 coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 03:37 pm:

Up for sale is my maroon 1926 coupe I have been slowly restoring over the past few years I purchased the car from the second owner who started the restoration back in the late 1960's . The engine, transmission and rear end were rebuild by Ed Stein of Southampton MA in 1975 I have the original receipt and spec sheet for the rebuild. I repainted the body hood and deck lid Windsor maroon in November all 4 fenders are currently in primer along with the new splash shields and hood shelves. there is currently no interior in the car just the seat springs and the vinyl top and visor. I have included a few pictures of the car in my barn once the wire wheels come back from powder coat I'll drive it out and take better pictures the price is $8,500 or best offer with a bill of sale CT is a nontitle state, I can obtain a mass title but for extra cost if anyone is interested or would like more information please email me at svibert102@gmail.com thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 10:56 pm:

Alright guys I got a basement full of parts for this car and a lot of money in repairing the rear fenders make it $8,000 even

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 04:18 pm:

I'm going to start assembling the car the more that gets put back on the more the price goes up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 12:13 am:

Headlights are painted and assembled ford drum taillight is powder coated and reassembled and the door lock and trunk lock have been rekeyed hood shelves are next at the powdercoaters price is going up next week

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 09:29 am:

Last chance at 8K

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 10:01 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 09:48 pm:

hood shelves are at powder coaters voltage regulator has been changed to the correct ford script style and a new 6 V optima battery has been installed new price of $8500 if I have to start blocking and painting the fenders the price will go up significantly

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 09:42 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 02:57 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 11:48 am:

I'll be backing it out of the barn next week to take new pictures the fenders are getting a coat of high build once they are on the price is going up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 12:52 pm:

Drove it out and added a few pictures the rear fenders are in hi build primer and the splash shields are at the powder coaters the price is currently at $8500 once the rear fenders and the splash shields are on the price goes up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 08:45 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 10:09 pm:

I just put another coat of Hi build primer on the fenders As is I'll let it go for 8k with all the parts and you Finnish the fenders and the interior

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 02:11 pm:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 10:03 pm:

I took it for a spin today it runs and drives great

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Monday, February 19, 2018 - 05:15 pm:

I am dropping the price to $7500 or reasonable offer buyer gets to put the fenders back on and do the interior thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Monday, February 19, 2018 - 09:41 pm:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 11:59 pm:

I am making it $7,000 I want this car to leave that is a lot of car for that kind of money keep in mind a engine rebuild can set you back 4500 easily

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 01:35 am:

Spencer, Nice looking car, you were going to look to see if you had any NH Cores that you could sell. Did you ever find any?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 08:34 am:

yes I found 4 bodies and 2 bowls I have one more place to look to see if I have any complete carbs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 10:17 am:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 06:53 pm:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 09:48 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 11:46 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 09:50 am:

Spensor, I have plenty of complete NHs, I looking for cores and maybe a few bowls. I have the rest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 07:43 pm:

well Dave the guy to call is Dennis Michaud he has far more carbs than I do Is any one interested in the coupe thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 11:57 am:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 05:44 pm:

Final price drop $6500 and I help you load the parts on your trailer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 11:30 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 10:48 am:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 11:14 pm:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 10:22 pm:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 06:44 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 03:21 pm:

I would like this to leave before Spring $6500 you could part this car out and make a lot more

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 09:13 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 09:49 pm:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 08:19 pm:

Make it $6,000 or best offer I need to do some renovations in the barn that it is parked in

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Monday, March 05, 2018 - 06:13 pm:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 09:32 am:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 04:49 pm:

sent u a personal message

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 09:25 am:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 01:27 pm:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 09:23 pm:

Here's the Deal guys I bought a model A I have been chasing for a while so I am dropping the price to $5000 or best offer, If I don't here from anyone on this site by Monday the car will be going up on ebay thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 09:48 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 10:28 pm:

Ok guys I am pulling the wire wheels off and putting 21 demountables on within the next couple of days

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Saturday, March 10, 2018 - 09:11 pm:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David B Tagert on Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 11:38 pm:

Are you going to put the wire wheels up for sale???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 11:40 pm:

nope a good friend of mine bought them, I'll be posting new pics this weekend with everything bolted on

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Monday, March 12, 2018 - 06:21 pm:

Drove it in the house garage today once the snow storm is gone I'll pull it out for pictures and a video of it running

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Thursday, March 15, 2018 - 10:58 am:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 09:51 am:

Since everyone who has contacted me thinks a best offer is $2500 I am parting this car out so if any one wants a specific part please email me thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 01:08 pm:

Surprised this never sold.
I would look elsewhere to sell.
Perhaps, eBay.
This same question came up on the forum regarding a runabout.
Parting out is labor intensive and you're still stuck with a car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Tipton on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 02:12 pm:

Spencer,

How much for the motor and transmission?

Thanks,
Dave Tipton

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 02:12 pm:

As an unrepentant coupe guy, I have been following this saga since the day Spencer's classified ad was posted. Spencer, before you tear this poor little coupe asunder for all eternity, I would like to make a last plea to keep it together, for your sake, as well as for history's sake. I would also like to make a suggestion to possibly help save the day for you. Not wishing to ruffle any feathers here, but I suspect the main reason this otherwise nice car hasn't sold is the COLOR!!! SOOOOOOOOOO wrong. It has been difficult for me to scroll down to look at the photos, even though I know each time I click on this ad what to expect. That color is kind of hard on the eyes, Spencer. 'Sorry, if this hurts your feelings, but there it is: the red color is killing any chance of selling this car to anyone but a hot rodder or to someone else who will dismantle it in order to sell off the parts. It's too nice of a car to suffer that fate, don't you think? If you were to spend a little money for even a so-so garage paint job or an Earl Scheib "special" in ALL BLACK, I'm sure you'd have much better luck finding a buyer. This coupe has been together for more than 90 years. What a shame for it to meet its demise because something as easily correctible as an non-authentic color.
Am I the only one on this website thinking the same thing? 'Sure do love those coupes (my first Model T was a 1926 coupe), but even my poor eyes tell me to look away. And that means potential buyers with no history of partiality to coupes will do likewise = no buyer until this car is black - which I know is debatable for authenticity versus Deep Channel Green. How about it, Spencer? Isn't it worth $200-300 to change colors and get your $5000 price? You'll sleep better at night if you do that instead of dismembering this innocent little Model T.
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 02:55 pm:

I totally agree with the last add the color on that car kills the resale value if that car was in primer it would probably sell much quicker the problem is the car needs a full restoration and you can buy one done for in the 12 to 15 range

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Friday, March 16, 2018 - 06:51 pm:

Marshall don't worry you are not ruffling any feathers I have very thick skin as for repainting it I really don't want to do a color change because in order to do that I have to pull the doors deck lid and everything else off in order for it to look good, and believe it or not that car is not red it is maroon. My lousy camera makes it look like gm victory red I have one more person interested in this car and after that we will see

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Cassara Long Island, NY on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 06:31 am:

The problem is not the color, it's a project. It's still winter in the North East. Give it a few weeks and when the weather breaks you will have better luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 07:55 am:

John to and every one else the car has been pulled apart and everything except the body has been sold, since nobody wanted to give me a fair offer. there will be a separate ad for the body

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration