Hot air tube wanted

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Hot air tube wanted
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 11:28 am:

I am looking for the hot air tube for this carburetor. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 05:55 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 08:48 pm:

Val, Those were made by Howard Caccia but are no longer available as he passed away a few years ago. I still have one for the holly 4500 carburetor. call me if interested 951-735-4791 Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 08:52 pm:

Glen;

Do you have one for a 5 ball? If so I am interested in that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 09:06 pm:

Gary, Sorry, no. Does anyone have the diameter of the air intake recepticle of the 1911-12 kingston six ball? If so please post it Thanks, Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 10:04 pm:

Gary, Is your 5 ball air intake on an angle like the 4500 above or does it turn up? If it is on an angle i may be able to make them. Let me know the diameter of the air intake opening. Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 10:29 pm:

It's at an angle like above, ID is 1 1/8". I need the pipe and the top part where it meets the manifold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 11:09 am:

Val, I made one for my Holley 4500 from steel pipe. I found one whose OD was just a bit larger than required to slip into the air horn and turned it down on a lathe.
Gary, the original tubes for a 5 ball where not a solid pipe like what I described above. They were sheet metal wrapped around to make a tube. The seam where the two edges butted up together were not welded. The thickness of the tube is .035"
The tubes sold by the vendors for a 5 ball are a solid piece of pipe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 06:11 pm:

Gary, My 5 ball has an angled fitting 1.150 diam. Which is right? The kingston is 1.125

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 06:24 pm:

I'll be back tomorrow afternoon and will measure it closer. I'd prefer to have a tube made as the original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 06:32 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 06:56 pm:

Kim, Are those inside or outside dimensions. What does the pipe fit? Thanks Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 07:34 pm:

Those are OD, the pipe is either 5 ball or 1910 Holley. The 1911 Holley uses a smaller diameter pipe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 08:12 pm:

Kim what is the dimention of the turned end on the pipe? Does the other end fit over the flange on the front bracket? If so what is the ID dimension?
And what is the length of the pipi and length of the cut?
Caccia's pipes fit inside the bracket shoulder, not over it.. That may not be right. What do you think?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration