Howd they do that.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Howd they do that.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 02:34 pm:

in many photos of t,s there is what looks to be 21 inch model a wheels on the car,can this be done?what needs to be changed to do this. just nose'y.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 02:43 pm:

Maybe??

https://www.google.com/search?q=adapt+model+a+wheels+to+model+t&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS 758US758&oq=adapt+model+a+wheels+to+model+t&aqs=chrome..69i57.7758j1j4&sourceid= chrome&ie=UTF-8&safe=active&scrlybrkr=d7ae876e#kpvalbx=1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 02:47 pm:

Richard:
several different adapters have been used and are available to use the Model A wheel ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 03:52 pm:

LOVE THIS FORUM! that is super quick service,thank you Gene and TOM.truly amazing what can be done when the parts are available already made for another job.I seem to remember a book years ago [forget the name]that told of part changeover,of no use today,like alot of good things,not quite forgot.but for a bunch of folks that want to keep what worked yesterday and still works to day going, my hat is off to you all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Wise III on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 04:27 pm:

In that Youtube video that Mr. Strickling provided the link of, I bought two Suzuki Samurai brake drums from a guy that had totaled his vehicle. I had the "plate" part of the drum cutout that holds the 5.5 bolt pattern by my local machine shop and had intentions to "fabricate" two rear original wood hubs over to mount Model A rims. I then decided to just buy T wire wheels, so I still have these two cutout "plates" ready to use just like in the video. If you are interested in them, let me know, because right now they are just ugly expensive paper weights!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 07:46 pm:

Gee Walt, you can call me Tom! I liked your idea and video.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Wise III on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 08:45 pm:

Just FYI to all, the video link above isn't mine. I found it online and started to do what the short video details, but didn't complete it - at least yet...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 12:04 am:

Richard, Why not just use 21 Model T wire wheels?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 01:01 am:

Because you got to have hubs and wheels, $$$$

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 01:12 am:

Without going into a lot of detail, on video that looks to be a good idea, but if you understand how the Model A wheel is supported, not so good. Including the lug nuts/studs there are 4 places the Model A wheels are supported. There is an inner ring, the studs (in fact the inner part of the cone does not really touch the hub when the wheel is mounted), next another ring then the outer edge of the wheel is against the brake drum. So the studs are really only part of how the A wheel is mounted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 06:48 am:

Ive sold a few 2 piece aluminum adapters. There built on a c&c machine. I have a set on my speedster now and use 17 Ford v8 wire wheels. I wanted the low tire press for ride and the 17 for the 3 to 1 gear. They come a complete package.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 12:12 pm:

Richard, I have 4 Model T 21 wheels I am willing to part with for $25. each plus shipping. They will need a little work plus painting. PM me if interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 02:58 pm:

I'M sorry, I was just interested to know how this could be done,my tragurtha's 30x3 1/2 wood wheels are doing just fine,I'm always interested in seeing what some folks can do to make there cars work better for them, Ive been part of that crowd in years past. it seems the crowd is getting smaller as time march's on.I now think of things I did not the things I shoulda..keep them rolling along with what ever it takes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 09:00 pm:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration