WANTED: Schrader 725

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WANTED: Schrader 725
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 11:46 am:

" x 3"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 12:01 pm:

Steve, does it have to be that long? The metal stems that come in the tubes from the vendors are 1/2 inch, but are about an inch shorter than the one you show.

Maybe somebody can cut the stem out of an old reproduction metal stemmed tube that is too far gone to patch and send it to you. I used to have a couple of the repro stems, but I can't find them, I must have sold them or given them away already.

Unfortunately, the currently available bridge washers are flat, no raised surface like the one you show. I suppose with a press and some tooling, you could press a circular dimple into a current flat washer. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 01:25 pm:

I've got a bag full of 777's or 725's -can't remember which! I'll look when I get home tonight.

If I have 725's I can bring them Saturday if you're going to the winter clinic in Hutchinson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 01:27 pm:

777's are what Ts came with originally, so if you bring them, they'll get lots of interest. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 02:21 pm:

Actually, this stem from a modern tube is an exact size match for the 725. This is where I got the " x 3" measurement. The only original I had is now in a tire, and I could use at least three more. I can use the 777's for my nickel era car, but the brass nuts and covers I have for the 1915 don't fit them.

Brian, yes, I aim to be there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 03:43 pm:

I stand corrected, must be the closeup photo, for some reason the stem you showed looked longer than I remember.

Anyway, hopefully I'm not the only person that saved the metal stems out of modern tubes when they have a blowout or cut and somebody will be able to hook you up with a few. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 06:42 pm:

Steve,

I sent you a pm on what I've been able to find so far..

Brian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 10:05 pm:

If you want a 725 buy it! It is not correct for a Model T.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration