1912 touring for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1912 touring for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ben jermainne on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 08:56 pm:

Theirs a 1912 touring for sale in CT it's listed on craigslist eastern CT. I have no affiliation with it just wanted to pass it along.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Raynor in Southampton on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 09:24 pm:

Looks like a real nice car for the money wish I had the room!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 10:23 pm:

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/d/1912-ford-model-tbarn-find/6471639272.htm l

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 10:41 pm:

Wow Ė thatís very cool automobile!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 10:48 pm:

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 11:45 pm:

A couple of major non 1912 components. Looks like a generator type motor to take that magneto. The diff too is much later.
Looks like a nice car to start on though, at the right price.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 08:01 am:

There is a 12 motor advertised on this form to go with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 02:59 pm:

Cool car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 03:12 pm:

The generator is an after market distributor/generator and mounts on a custom mount. The engine could be original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 03:18 pm:

The unit is then a high voltage unit - the engine can still be
an original .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 04:17 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 04:34 pm:

If I bought this car the first thing I'd do would be to take the worn out, dirty flag to a Boy Scout troup so it could be disposed of properly. There is a ceremony for that procedure. There is a published protocol regarding the use and/or display for the American flag if it is dirty, torn or otherwise in poor condition. The protocol also includes instructions against using the flag as clothing, a ball cap, etc. Please excuse my rant, but I sure do love that flag. Thanks for listening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 04:36 pm:

I think that the car originally had front doors that are removed, also wrong lights, rear axle, front perches and wishbone are later, and I think that the engine is later with the block off for the generator and the accessory mag front cover. Still reasonable if you want to get into the brass without the usual cash outlay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland Mn. on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 09:53 pm:

Amen John Mays!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 10:56 pm:

John,

Maybe I will pay you a visit if I get a haul east from California

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 11:37 pm:

Engine is not correct for sure, has OEM soup can for radiator cap, looks like someone boosted cap or motometer. Has wrong throttle and spark control rods at minimum. Wrong intake, later carb., if you were to put in a correct motor you better figure $600.to $800. for the correct coilbox, coils and switch. In addition to the head, tail and side lamp issue. I do not see a carbide generator. Nor is there any indication of ownership, title etc. 1912's also came furnished with a speedometer. The photographer seems pretty cagey taking photos that miss a lot of detail. The body appears to be the best part

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Geil on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 10:05 am:

I called the seller, he stated the vin 107083 from the 50 year old registration and said that it matches the engine number. I have not verified this information personally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 10:21 am:

That would make it a 1912 engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 10:23 am:

Iím betting a replacement block that was stamped. That block is late enough to have a generator, Iím looking at the bolt that holds the generator mounting bracket. With all the later parts, I wonder about the frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 10:52 am:

There is a bolt-on 3017-B timing gear cover where the generator would usually mount. Block is definitely Ď18 or later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 06:59 pm:

Adam, that bolt is what lead me to making the observation that the motor is much later than 1912. On non generator cars the casting at that point is smooth at the back of the cam gear. If the engine number is 1912, it has to have been re-stamped.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 07:01 pm:

Adam, that bolt is what lead me to making the observation that the motor is much later than 1912. On non generator cars the casting at that point is smooth at the back of the cam gear. If the engine number is 1912, it has to have been re-stamped.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 09:27 pm:

Yeah there is some non 12 stuff on the car and it is priced accordingly. If I wasn't concerned about staying happily married I would jump on this. I've seen several brass cars with electric start and incorrect engines being sold for much more.

Andy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration