Wanted: 4 more bolts??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: 4 more bolts??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 05:28 pm:

Greetings all.!

I may be called anal with this one. However, I would like to get ( 4 ) 1-1/2 x 7/16 x 14 with 5/8 hex head bolts. These bolts are for the water inlet and hogs head to engine connection.

The reason why they are needed is my coupe had a water pump which I am not using and it required longer bolts. The original bolts were tossed most likely by previous owner. The hogs head to engine bolts, one was made out of a longer bolt with a huge head and the other is too short.

Ya, I know go to the hardware store, but, no I couldn't do that. I would feel bad.

If anyone could help this would be awesome.

Thank you,
John.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 09:43 pm:

All the vendors have them. Check with Bobs, he even has the early ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 10:50 pm:

Larry, who is Bob's? And, would they have the ones that are 83 years old like my little coupe is not the ones that were manufactured last week?

Thank you,
John.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 01:31 am:

Bob's Antique Auto Parts is located in Loves Park IL., just north of Rockford, IL. Started by his father, it is one of the oldest T vendors around. He probably has as many, if not more NOS and used parts than any vendor, today. Even if a part that you bought from him was made yesterday, you can bet that it is an exact copy of the original and will pass judging.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 11:51 am:

Not looking to be judged on any aspect of what is in my automobile. Searching for correct period pieces, as trivial as a bolt, is what is fun regarding assembling vehicle. It is easy to call a vendor and order parts. I have for certain things and will continue to do so. However, hunting for parts makes it interesting.

Looking for parts over the internet is, for me, like going to a flee market. Which I am unable to, as it has become difficult walking. If I do go I will need one of those buggies people drive around on.

I want to go on at least one big flee market before I take a dirt nap.

Back to the top! Lets try it again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 12:11 pm:

John, I may have some of the domed head water inlet bolts from my 26 as I replaced all the original bolts with stainless steel ones, but my parts are in such a disarray that it may be summer before I'd run across them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 09:49 pm:

Thank You, Terry.

It has taken me three months to clean out my garage so I can work on my car and I still am not done.

It takes time.

John.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 07:31 pm:

Hello again.... still looking anyone find any....lol

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration