Wanted: Aluminum hogshead in "not so pristine" condition

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: Aluminum hogshead in "not so pristine" condition
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 11:18 pm:

I am looking for an aluminum hogshead for use as a "demo" for my brake light switch kit. I have such an assembly already but the hogshead in that assembly is a good used one and I need it for another car. I need one that simply has a good brake pedal shaft hole and on that can mount a lid. I don't care if the hogshead has a crack in it somewhere since my only use is to mock up a typical brake light switch installation. Got something not repairable by any ordinary worthy means but good enough for my plan? I am coming to Chickasha and wondered if I could connect with you there? Iron ones are just too darn heavy to lug around. Call me at 6 three zero 58 Four 14 seven 1. You can also PM me. I am also coming to Florida winter tour in a few weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 12:47 pm:

John, I've got one. Good for display; one of the front bolt lugs is broken off. I can bring it to Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 12:48 pm:

It's aluminum, btw.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 03:32 pm:

John, I PM'd you using the address I've used for years, but the message bounced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 03:57 pm:

piewagon@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 09:35 pm:

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 08:33 pm:

It turns out I am still in need of the subject item. The hogshead I bought at Chickasha actually turned out to be a very good one. Funny how when I am looking for something cheap and even defective for use as a display - I end up with a very good aluminum hogshead that I bought for cheap. I even have a use for it other than display but then still need one for a display. It only has to mount a brake pedal and have the back end of it in place. The rest doesn't matter. Got anything?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 09:29 pm:

I have several "junkers" John BUT shipping to Illinois might be a bit pricey !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 10:38 pm:

Coming to Hershey or any other swap meet or national tour? I want an aluminum one so it doesn't weigh so much since it is hauled to swap meets but so long as it can hold a brake pedal and mount up the brake light bracket - that is all it needs to do. It can be cracked or have a few bolt lugs missing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, March 31, 2018 - 10:21 am:

We're doing the MTFCA Redwoods Tour in June - I could bring one ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 12:10 pm:

Steve:

I am good friends with Rich Adamo and I think he is going to make a trip out your direction sometime this year so I contacted him. I am in no hurry so I told Rich before he made a lot of effort to get one home to me from your house, let me see if I can snag one locally at our "Little Hershey" meet in Belvidere IL coming up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Monday, April 02, 2018 - 02:13 am:

I had what you were looking for at chickasha, only once did I see you walking thru the south building.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, April 02, 2018 - 11:54 am:

O.K. John - Rich is going to be our "new" neighbor !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 07:14 pm:

I stripped the pedals & hardware off 2 "13-'15 aluminum covers today - keep me posted !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration