Question re steering column

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Question re steering column
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 08:25 pm:

I am building an April or May 1911 chassis and need to know when the length of the steering column changed from 23 1/2 to 25 1/2 inches. I have the latter but don't know if its correct for an April or May 1911 car. I know the standard length for 1911 should be 23 1/2 and for 1912 25 1/2 inches. But when did the change occur?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 08:26 pm:

Sorry this should be on the forum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 08:31 pm:

The 1911 column is the longer version unless you have a Torpedo which is 4 inches longer yet. If you have a Towncar it would be the shorter version.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration