Front and Rear Bumpers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Front and Rear Bumpers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Jesteadt - SE Florida on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 09:03 pm:

I have a pair of bumpers. I was told they are for a Model T. They have some surface rust.
If anyone is interested I'll post pictures.
$200.00 for the pair.
561 262 0393
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 12:13 am:

Just the bumpers? Or are there brackets also? Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 07:28 am:

Rich,

Photos would be nice. What years will these fit? Are they stock or an aftermarket set? What are your plans for shipping? Shipping will be a deal killer for some of us.

Thanks,
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Jesteadt - SE Florida on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 06:30 pm:

These bumpers were part of a package deal and I was told it was all Model T parts. After pulling the bumpers out to take the pictures and taking a closer look I'm not so sure. Hopefully one of you guys will shed some light on what vehicle they came from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 06:37 pm:

Looks like 30-31 Model A Ford Bumpers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Jesteadt - SE Florida on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 06:38 pm:

The front bumper measures 60 1/2 inches tip to tip. The rear measures about 65 and the spacing on the frame bracket is 45 inches. That can be adjusted by sliding the bracket on the bumper back brace. The bolts are rusty and would have to be replaced.
Rich Jesteadt
561-262-0393
My email: richsclassiccars@bellsouth.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Jesteadt - SE Florida on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 07:08 pm:

Michael,
Thanks for the response identifying the bumpers.
If anyone has any interest they can be had cheap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 07:21 pm:

The top one looks like 30 31 Ford Model A but the bottom one while sorta looks like Ford, it is not.

Sorry beyond that, no clue. There were just too many other makes of cars that could have had similar bumpers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 01:10 am:

Genuine, original 26-27 T Ford bumpers, did not use any "tie" bolt through the ends of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew C. McCullough on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 09:21 am:

I have that same lower bumper on the rear of my '27 Fordor. Came on the car when purchased in '65. The only addition are two 2" pieces of angle iron that overlap the mounting bars with side braces that attach to the frame and rear cross member. Very simple mounting. I've only seen one other on a T, while on tour in New Hampshire several years ago. The Fordor only had this rear bumper and no front bumper. It appeared to have been on the vehicle for quite some time and is either an accessory or from an A. I re-chromed the bars and added a front bumper when I restored it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Jesteadt - SE Florida on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 06:07 pm:

The bumpers are sold. Thanks to all who helped identify them.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration