1910 model t #

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1910 model t #
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Husted on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 02:50 pm:

I have a 1910 touring eng #25142 casting date of
3-21-10

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 03:52 pm:

Interesting. My 1910 serial number is 996 less than yours and the casting date is one month earlier. My T is not for sale, as I have owned it for 71 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 05:45 pm:

71 years!!! You must have gotten it the day you were born, Darel! And Mike, are you advertising a 1910 engine or the whole car? Either way, pictures would be nice as well as an asking price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 12:25 am:

Mikes engine number was stamped on 16 May 1910 and cast in March
Darelís engine, which was 996 less, say 24146, was stamped on 7 May 1910 and cast in February. Now production had doubled, close to 2000 a month, since mine was stamped in November 1909 when monthly output was just over 1100 engines.
The big difference? They moved production from Piquette to Highland Park in January 1910.
The next major move was improving manufacturing tolerances to allow the moving production line to operate. With my 1910, the most important tool had to have been a set of files to make the parts fit together. The lack of interchangeable parts on the early cars must have severely limited the daily production without a vast increase in the number of employees.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration