OT WTB 1929-31 Lincoln hand crank.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: OT WTB 1929-31 Lincoln hand crank.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 09:44 pm:

Looking for a hand crank for a friend's 1929 Lincoln.
Thank You,
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 10:04 pm:

how about some wheels ????charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 01:55 am:

I'll ask around

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 09:45 am:

Hello Charlie,
Hope You are doing well.
This Lincoln belongs to fellow at my Church.The car has been sitting for years and he would like to get it running, but needs to soak the cylinders with some oil and turn it over by hand before trying to start it, He doesn't have a crank for it.
I assume he has Wheels but will check with him to see

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 09:46 am:

Thank You Daniel,
I appreciate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 10:35 am:

I have a box of old unidentified hand cranks. Most are the solid rod with ears type,may have a couple of the Cadillac style that are a hollow piece of pipe with notches. If you can give me some details I'll look. Henry Leland designed the Cad V-8 then made Lincoln so that is probably the style.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 12:08 pm:

LARRY,the engine in the LINCOLN is the 60 degree type, v8, I have many cranks, would you measure from the crank pulley to about four inch's beyond the bumper,if I have one I will donate it to the cause, just pay the postage at its cost. back in the day I;v rebuilt two of those engines.in turning it over the first time, its the flat head type so the valves are in the block,and the rods are the knife and fork type and are long and slender,so turn it very carefully, I would remove all plugs and take a air nozzle after the oil is in the cyl's place a rag around the gap in the plug hole and blow the oil around in there.I have a good set of take apart champions from a 29,I will also donate them. what do you think of the air filter? looks like it belongs on a barn.if every thing turns you will have to brush op the points and ck the float in the stewart vaccum tank,there is a plug on the top of the tank and a drain valve on the bottom, run a little gas through the tank to flush it out.the LINCOLN has a big tank so you can put i/2 quart in to get started. good luck.GREG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 03:01 pm:

Hello Steve, Not sure what the Lincoln crank looks like but the owner of the car thought it was oval shaped. I will try to find a picture.
Thank You
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 03:04 pm:

Thank You Greg for Your kindness, I will check the measurement with the owner and send you a PM.
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 03:04 pm:

Hello Steve, Not sure what the Lincoln crank looks like but the owner of the car thought it was oval shaped. I will try to find a picture.
Thank You
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Hollenbaugh on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 08:28 am:

Larry, Contact Ray Theriault, he has tons of Model L and K Lincoln parts. email: ray.theriault@cox.net
You could also post it on Lincoln Owners Club (LOC).
Jerry

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration