Wtb .005 over Cast Iron piston

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wtb .005 over Cast Iron piston
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 01:50 pm:

Measurement would be 3.380 If you have one please P.M. me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 02:19 pm:

I have two(2)NOS .0025. Close enough?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 03:20 pm:

Wife pointed out that I got an extra 3 in that measurement should read 3.800

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 05:31 pm:

GR,
What you are really looking for would be 3.755"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 06:36 pm:

Thanks for the education Frank I was confused everyone else please disregard this post big difference between .005 and .050 the bores are 3.800 :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 10:42 am:

Warren, Look at/measure your .0025 pistons to make sure they are oversize and not undersize! There are .0025 undersize pistons too! They would be marked -.0025 and have the Ford script. They were one of the non-standard parts installed at the factory to make up for manufacturing variances. Ive seen them on more than one occasion, so must have been somewhat common.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 11:05 am:

Mark, 0025 OS

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration