WANTED - CARB SHUT-OFF VALVE

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WANTED - CARB SHUT-OFF VALVE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 09:04 am:

Langs is out of stock on this valve.

Does anyone have an extra one or know where I can get one or know how to make the other style turn easy?

Valve

Jim Golden

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 09:21 am:

Jim, you could take it apart and smear some of that "special" gas resistant lube stuff. I think even Langs has it. Ironically, I have 3 of the same valves on my cars, and by gosh one of 'em is as stiff as the cheapie re-pops! So for now I just keep a pair of pliers handy. Too lazy to take it apart..maybe this spring. A friend of mine "loaned" me a blob of the lube for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 09:26 am:

I just use PERMATEX anti-seize compound on mine but you have to re-do it about once a year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 10:52 am:

I have one if you need it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 10:53 am:

This product works GREAT!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 03:58 pm:

Joe, I agree, I have 3 5 oz tubes and a 1 pound can, but it did not help that other type of valve.

Andy, thank you, your check is in the mail and the letter is in the post office now.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration