Gas Gauge

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Gas Gauge
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By SID KHONA on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 11:20 am:

Does anyone have a working Gas Gauge for Sale? I need it for my 1915 Roadster. Any leads would be great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 02:46 pm:

Sid the factory gas gauge was a wood stick with different markings corresponding to the different
types of gas tanks Ford used. You haft to lift the seat and remove the cap to check it. There are a number of gas gauge kits on the market while I don't know of any made specifically for the model t some I am sure can and have been adapted, there are a number of gas gauge units available both home made and commercial for ultra light aircraft, goggle fuel senders for home built aircraft. Radiant Technology makes a pricy but very interesting gauge which looks like it would work on most all model Ts measures the weight of the fuel column and puts out a corresponding voltage from 0 to five volts depending on the column weight / amount of gas in the tank. this unit has a small sender unit that could be inserted in the gas line from most any tank and give you a fuel level ?.

www.beliteaircraftstore.com/fuel-probe-system.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 03:07 pm:

If you want to make your own measuring stick, here are the measurements.

Your 1915 roadster should have a round tank.

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By SID KHONA on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 10:19 am:

Thanks Jim and Mark,

I was more looking for an original accessory for a 1915 which got attached to the Gas tank. I have the measuring Stick but needed an indicator like Mechanical gauge. Any leads would be very useful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 12:52 pm:

Sid Khoma: There were many types of original gas tank gauges. I have the in all my Ts. Most of them were in the lids. Some like some of the 26 were in the gas line just below the sediment bowl. These were not wood. I do also carry wooden sticks to use if I suspect that the float has become gas logged. I will try and take some pictures later today of the ones that Sid is looking for. They used to be lots of them around the swap meets but I have not seen any lately. Sid I will look and see if I have any extra ones. I know I have one but it got run over one time I don't know if it can be fixed. If you were here I would give it to you. the gauge is OK but I am not sure about the shaft. I had taken it off the gas tank and laid it on the running board. I forgot it was on the running board and when I took off it fell of the board and I or someone ran over the shaft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 01:03 pm:

Sid davis: There were many types of original gas tank gauges. I have the in all my Ts. Most of them were in the lids. Some like some of the 26 were connected to the gas line just below the sediment bowl, but read inside the compartment. These were not wood. I do also carry wooden sticks to use if I suspect that the float has become gas logged. I will try and take some pictures later today of the ones that Sid is looking for. They used to be lots of them around the swap meets but I have not seen any lately. Sid I will look and see if I have any extra ones. I know I have one but it got run over one time I don't know if it can be fixed. If you were here I would give it to you. the gauge is OK but I am not sure about the shaft. I had taken it off the gas tank and laid it on the running board. I forgot it was on the running board and when I took off it fell of the board and I or someone ran over the shaft. None of the gauges that I am talking about are wood.
I had another that connected to the gas tanks under the seat but the gauge was connected on the seat riser. I had a NOS one still in the box but I was afraid someone would kick it with their heel so I sold it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By SID KHONA on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 08:01 pm:

No problems Dave. Let me know if you manage to find one would be happy to buy it from you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 08:21 am:

Sid -- I'm sure I have one or two. Will check and take pics when I'm at my shop today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By SID KHONA on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 11:07 am:

Thanks Mike. Mine is a 1915 Roadster and round tank. You can mail them to sid.khona@gmail.com as well

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 01:15 am:

Dave.

were sight glasses ever used to show fuel level, like the oil sight glass for checking oil. seems like it would be a natural on a 26 & 27 with the front gas tank. just check it when You opened the hood and turned on the fuel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 09:09 am:

Yes Jim, Here's a link for one used for the cowl mount gas tank.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/191138.html?1297976691

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration