FS 1921 Ames body Frontenac Ford speedster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS 1921 Ames body Frontenac Ford speedster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Houston on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 05:00 pm:

This beauty was built by my dad, Fred Houston. He is a stickler to being period correct. Performance equipment includes Frontenac overhead conversion, Winfield updraft carb and ruckstell overdrive kit. Car will hang with highway traffic no problem if you're brave enough! $25,000.00 OBO

Serious inquiries only!
Bill cell/text 918 629 2203 email modeltgrg@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 06:07 pm:

Bill

Would also add full pressure oil system, Model A crank and I believe pop up pistons Very nice wire wheel but I don't remember the brand
Very solid car, lot of fun, also has a top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 06:47 pm:

Bill, With all due respect, in the description you gave above, it said that the car has a "ruckstell overdrive". There's a mistake here as a Ruckstell is an underdrive for the rear axle. Perhaps the car has a overdrive but it has a different name.
Could you please clarify this?

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 07:53 pm:

That is one very nice speedster, I have admired it in person many times. Mike, those wheels are McLaren 30x3.5 clinchers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 09:32 pm:

Mike, I've sent you a couple of messages and haven't heard back. Did you get them? Thanks, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 09:52 pm:

Keith no overdrive. Just a Ruckstell.
Mike, thanks I wasn't sure but thought it has a set of McLaren's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 09:54 pm:

Dave, which Mike are you sending messages to? Mike from Iowa or Mike Bender?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 11:41 pm:

Those wheels are Universal that bolt to a wood wheel hub.
McLaren's were not out when the car was built......I know as 1 of those wheels came from my collection

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 12:41 am:

You Mike, from IA. :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 07:07 am:

Dave, I don't think I have received an email from you. What can I assist you with? Please PM me again or text or call me at 319-four thirty- fortynine ninety five. Thanks, Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 07:55 am:

I think that Bill Houston can confirm that the wheels on this car are actually McLarens which are substantially stronger and do not use the wood hub spacer. The McLarens were modeled after the original Universal wheels. I do have a set of unrestored Universal wire wheels that I plan to bring to Chickasha to sell. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 09:19 am:

I can attest that this is a nifty Speedster! Fred gave me a ride in it once while on tour. Some may not know that Fred is a past President of the MTFCA and founding member of the MTFCA's Speedster Hall of Fame, so that adds to the car's pedigree. Whoever winds up with this car will have something he can be very proud of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Houston on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 02:33 pm:

@ Mike Bender, thanks for the reminder of being a pressurized oil system and such. My ignorance shows on the Ruckstell. I am told that it is an underdrive. @ Mike- Iowa, the wheels are indeed McLaren! You know a thing or two about those wheels, don't you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 03:44 pm:

A super nice car that I have admired several times. Fred's attention to detail is astounding.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration