For Sale complete original Warford setup and extra parts trans

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale complete original Warford setup and extra parts trans
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 02:38 pm:

I have a very nice original Warford 6 speed trans and everything needed to install it. I was going to use this trans in my TT, but I have sold it and no longer need this setup. The gears inside the trans are excellent, probably one of the best ones I have ever had. It turns very smoothly, and the shifter shifts nicely and no slop in the shift rods. The bearings turn smoothly. I was going to run it as-is. It only needs fresh gaskets behind the side plates and shifter top to be ready to go. It also has an original Warford shift knob. I am also including the very hard to find cross member and clamps, the harder to find rear coupling for the torque tube, and the almost impossible to find U-joint housing/coupling. The U-joint coupling is the only part that needs any repair. There is a small crack in the bell. It will be a very easy weld to make and is not in a critical location. There is some pitting to the inside of the bell, but it will not affect the use of the coupling at all. I have only had a few of the couplings in years of messing with Ts. They are that hard to find. I also included a useable u-joint. There is a little wear at the u-joint pins but it is in very useable condition. I am also including a complete extra transmission for a parts trans. (although it will not be needed for the good transmission) It has a cracked bolt/ear on the shifter tower, so I am including a spare shifter for use with the parts trans. The parts transmission turns freely but it has wear and rust. I believe it is a re-buildable transmission that would be good for a low use vehicle as it could be a little noisy. A person could end up with two complete transmissions. I will take 750.00 for every thing I show in the pics. I can deliver for free to Chickasha. If for some reason a person does not want the parts trans and extra shifter. I will take 600.00 for every thing except the parts trans and extra shifter ... please e-mail any questions to dobro (at) artelco.com or call 501 seven four five 4397. or send a PM message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 04:38 pm:

That is one of the nicest sets of gears I have ever seen in a Warford. All such auxiliary transmissions are a bit tricky to shift in model T Fords. Most have suffered through drivers/owners that did not make the effort to perfect their shifting technique. Most show the abuse on the gear teeth, but that one looks so-o nice. I wish I could afford it. I hope it goes to someone that will appreciate what a treasure it is, and make the effort to shift properly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 07:42 pm:

I want to add that the cross member is for TT only. A car cross member would need a different curve on the ends because of the smaller frame used in the cars. Wayne, this transmission is from my "personal" stash of parts. This was a "keeper" for me to use. That's why it is so good, I kept the best things for myself :-) ... Im starting to sell some of the things I will not use. Since I have no TT for this set-up, and Ill be using a Chicago in the Speedster project. I just do not need it anymore. So someone now has a chance to get a very nice Warford. :-) I will also consider a trade on Chicago transmissions or parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 08:49 pm:

Warford has sold. Will be headed to Chickasha and then onto Colorado .... Thanks MTFCA ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Carrico on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 09:38 pm:

Donnie, Thank you for showing all these parts together. I had a parts axle that came with the coupling for the torque tube attached and never gave it any thought. This cuts down on the torque tube modification work considerably. Now I just need to make a cross member to get my Warford installed.

This is really a great find for someone with a TT but the image below shows a way that the cross member could be used with a car chassis (Hopefully it isn't too rude to note that I have a shortened torque tube and driveshaft for a car here if someone bought this to put into a car)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 10:20 pm:

Thank You Donnie!

Yes, I will cherish and respect this beautiful Warford. It is destined to be used in a TT grain dump truck bound for total restoration.

Having learned how to shift a 5 & 4, many years ago, I think I will be able to synchronize the Warford gears without being a "gear jammer". I do totally, understand the problems related to shifting without synchronizers in the trans. My wife knows how to shift, as well, though I am a little worried about her and all that has to happen to drive a T or TT safely and properly. I have confidence she can and will learn.

I am excited to have been able to purchase it from Donnie. I hope my restoration plans and driving will do the Warford justice.

Thanks,
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 10:43 pm:

Zachary, that is a neat way to make use of the TT cross members...

Terry and Sharon, Nice to hear that the wife is involved in the project...

Thanks to all .... have fun and be safe ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 12:17 pm:

Zachary; thank you also from me. I added that to my file.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Carrico on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 08:30 pm:

That clipping is a screen shot out of a larger document with some great accessory trans info. I am not quite sure where I found it but it can be forwarded to people if they shoot me a message.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration