Ruckstells for sale.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Ruckstells for sale.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 05:40 pm:

I am thinning the herd as far as Ruckstells. I have three complete big drum:

1. Big drum purchased at the Puyallup swap meet a year or two ago. Complete with torque tube, radius rods, backing plates, etc. I was told it had been rebuilt with 3-1 gears by a knowledgeable T guy who put it under a sedan carrying a big wife and two hefty daughters and then didn't have power enough to move itself out of the way with all that weight. Pulled after about 1,000 miles and replaced with another Ruckstell with standard gears. This was all about ten years ago, has been stored since. Inside until I got it, outside dry storage since. Turns smooth, shifts, appears from the outside to be in as described condition. If you want, I will pull the off side housing and do a quick check before I ship or deliver it just to make sure it is good to go. I pulled the shift lock off as I needed it for another one I sold, it will have a well rebuilt but not new long nose shift lock. Should be good to go under a car and run but you probably should at least tear it down and clean it up to make sure it is OK. The housing -- $500, long nose shift lock -- $400 and 3 - 1 gears $350 are worth about 2/3 of what I want for the whole thing. No shifter or rod. $1950

2. Just purchased at the Lethbridge swap meet Feb 10. Complete with radius rods, torque tube and driveshaft. Backing plates are probably usable. Long nose shift lock. Appears to have come out of long term inside storage with some rust on the axle tubes, torque tube, etc. Typical as found condition. Shifts on the lever, turns over with the U Joint. Unknown condition other than that. No shifter or rod. $1250

3. As purchased out of a long time T restorers shop several years ago. Complete with radius rods, torque tube, backing plates, etc. Long nose shift lock. Turns, shifts. Not apart or inspected other than that. $1250

These prices include delivery to Chickasha in March but not shipping, crating or delivery anywhere else.

As soon as I can get time I will be listing more parts. I have a very nice mostly new kit to build up a Ruckstell, another of nice used parts to build up a driver one, a few housings and more internal parts. I'm still trying to figure out the Chickasha deal but I think I will also have a fairly nice 26/7 touring body with all the doors for $1250, a set of nice 26/7 wire wheels with roller/maybe usable tires for $750 etc.

Paypal is OK but checks preferred. Stanhowemt@aol.com 406-949-3448

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Scott McNamara on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 08:32 pm:

Stan, I sent you a pm. Interested in the wire wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 11:00 am:

Wheels are sold. Number 3 Ruckstell is sold. I'll be listing some more parts soon. Thanks....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 01:23 pm:

All the complete Ruckstells are sold. I still have some kits that I will be listing. Thanks!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration