Brass Cowl Lamps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Brass Cowl Lamps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Jesteadt - SE Florida on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 08:07 pm:

Incomplete pair of brass lamps - $180.00
I'm not sure if they are Model T.
Hopefully someone that is more knowledgeable than I will be able to identify these.
I can email more pictures to anyone that is interested.
Rich Jesteadt
561-262-0393

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Jesteadt - SE Florida on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 08:53 pm:

I think they are early T. Can anyone confirm?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Jesteadt - SE Florida on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 09:10 am:

I just found some additional related pieces. Anyone interested, please respond: Rich 561 262 0393

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Jesteadt - SE Florida on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 09:55 am:

Thanks to MTFCA the lamps are spoken for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 09:57 am:

Rich, the mounting brackets on the sides of your lamps are set up for a "finger mount" bracket. This mounting system was used for horse drawn carriages, not sure about this set up for early automobile side lamp application. Keep in mind that early automobiles were a carry over from horse drawn carriages to the automobile. Pretty much a motorized carriage and the early automobile was developed from there. Henry Ford was a frugal gentleman, wouldn't surprise me a bit that he would have used bits, parts and pieces to complete a side lamp versus throwing away completely good side lamp and start over with a different mounting bracket !!! Just doesn't make sense from a frugal stand point !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 10:00 am:

WHOOOOOOPS !!! Alittle too late, check out the time of these two postings !!!..........Oh WELL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 10:32 am:

John the mounting brackets are correct for cars. Ford did not make lamps, even in 1927, they were made by outside company's. While they were a carry over from the carriages, they were not made up from old stock and had to stay lit at 25-30 MPH which was way faster then a horse.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration