Southbend Lathe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Southbend Lathe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Zillmer on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 04:52 pm:

10 inch Southbend Lathe, 36 inches between centers and quick change gears. The lathe has both 3 and 4 jaw chucks and steady rest. Asking $600. Lathe is located in Redwood City CA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 10:50 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gregory on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 06:57 am:

Wish I lived closer, I'd buy that !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 07:14 am:

Is there much tooling with it. Do you know anyone coming to Chickasha seven three one 607 three 172 or pm me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 07:16 am:

That's the same model I learned how to use when I was 13. Lots of good memories there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 12:32 pm:

Itís just what Iím looking for. Long way away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 12:47 pm:

That is a steal of a price. There is a very neat model T ford story connected with south bend lathes, and the south bend twins. Check it out! Iíve had mine for 40 years now, Iíd rather lose an arm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Zillmer on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 12:57 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 02:11 pm:

Tim

You can't make peanut butter sandwiches with a lathe but you can with 2 arms !!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 07:52 pm:

I guess I got a good deal. I bought a South Bend lathe, hardly used, with all attachments, from my son's father in law (who is Lawyer not a mechanic or machinist) for $200.00. Sure comes in handy! I just wish I knew more about operating it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 10:36 pm:

I dunno, Tom, pretty sure I could make peanut butter and about anything else on my lathe. Joe Gemsa made all of his work of art OHV T head conversions with nothing more than a small lathe and drill press.
Looks like Richard snagged this one, good for him. Itíll be worth the trouble to get it from the west coast. For an oldy, itís already better than any chicom piece of crap, and will be more valuable every year. He will never wear it out !
See you next weekend,Tom ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Spyker on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 01:49 pm:

Hal,
Get the South Bend manual off of eBay, HOW TO RUN A SOUTH BEND LATHE. And a lubrication manual.
I was told once my an old machinist that a lathe is the only machine tool that can duplicate it's self! Enjoy your treasure.
Pushtruck. 30 miles south of Hershey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 05:14 pm:

I also have a Southbend lathe like this and use it all the time for many tasks. Have had it for 30 years or more and it is the most used machine in my home shop. Have fun and yes it can bite so be careful. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Zillmer on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 11:46 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Zillmer on Monday, March 12, 2018 - 09:33 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Monday, March 12, 2018 - 09:58 am:

Wish someone was coming from Chickasha from California. Iíd own that one.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration