Hayes wire wheel hubcap wrench Houk For Sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Hayes wire wheel hubcap wrench Houk For Sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 02:26 pm:

This is a Hayes wire wheel wrench obviously but will also fit #4 Houk hubcaps, opening is 2 3/4", I like it better than the Houk wrench because it appears to be heavier built and thus stronger, no cracks or repairs nice wrench. $125 domestic postage $15.

a

b

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Friday, July 13, 2018 - 02:27 pm:

$100 plus postage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 04:41 am:

Layden, does it fit the Hayes wire wheels used on model T's? It needs to be the same size as a model T hubcap.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 10:51 am:

This wrench fits as stated the #4 size hubcaps. These are a heavy cast cap that holds the wheel to the hub. This does not fit the 4 bolt demountable rim ( Model T wood wheel size) hubcap. I have never seen any evidence that Hayes ever made such a wrench. I would think that when you purchased a set of demountable rim wire wheels you would continue to use the Ford wrenches for the hubcap and 4 rim bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 03:46 am:

I suspected as much. It makes sense that there is no Hayes tool for the hubcaps, and that the T issue one was used. I made my own thicker one so the octagonal end on the hubcap is less prone to damage.

I do have the Hayes tool for T use which fits the rear axle nut, the front bearing cone and cone nut.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration