FS NOS Cotton Band Lining

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS NOS Cotton Band Lining
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 06:07 am:

Band lining set for narrow bands. They are still in the original box which has no mfr. name on it. The linings are in excellent shape and have red and green threads on the edges, I think Montgomery Ward sold some like that, not sure. There are 12 rivets in the original paper package. The box is fair, but starting to deteriorate. Put it on your display shelf or use the bands, I'll bet they are better than what is available now. $30.00 plus shipping. I can text pictures, but I can't email them so please don't ask. Thanks, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Butterworth on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 06:10 am:

Dave I will take them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 09:28 am:

Wow! Sold in 3 minutes!!! Isn't this site wonderful? :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 11:02 am:

Before you use the rivets check with a magnet, some of the sets used brass plated steel rivets. You can get the correct brass rivets from suppliers like Lang's. Some of the linings are thicker so get the longer rivets they sell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 06:43 pm:

Bands are spoken for. Thanks guys, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 08:27 pm:

If the old bands are too short, it is probably because the weave has "relaxed" thru the years. I set the rollers on my sheet metal slip roll almost touching and crank the band material thru the rollers till they are about 3/4 inches too long. I then dip about 1/8 inch of the lining ends into some kwik-poly. The kwik-poly will seal the ends of the band lining threads and they will not unravel. Kwik-poly sets up fast, so work fast when dipping the ends. I then rivet each end to the band with about an 1/8 inch overhang at the ends. Then work the excess band lining length into place on the band and then install the remaining rivets. I have had great luck with using old original band linings using this technique.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration