FS; TT rearend

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS; TT rearend
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Stearman on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 04:31 pm:

This was under an AA frame that had been cut down to make a doodlebug. $50 picked up in Fortville IN 46040rearrear

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver - Arthurdale, WV on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 04:36 pm:

That's an AA rearend not a TT. Looks similar but it's definitely an AA piece. - Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 05:13 pm:

Kinda scarce,as they didn't use it long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 06:15 pm:

AA Housings are different, splines are different on the worm gear and the bronze driven gear is .200 wider than on the TTs but many other parts are interchangeable. There might be some good stuff in there for the price!

On the AA truck, one of the housings should be marked with an A or B to indicate high or low gears. If the bronze gear is in excellent shape, it can be re-machined to work in the TT. The steel worm would need an adapter made and probably not cost-effective to use in a TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard L. Kemp on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 09:52 pm:

I would like to get it. PM sent Rich Kemp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Stearman on Monday, February 19, 2018 - 09:26 pm:

Adam, are these casting marks the A or B that indicates high or low gear? The TT casting is why I assumed it was for a TT truck. Anything you guys can tell me about what I have would be appreciated. If this is truly for an AA I might want to keep it.

Thank-you
Rickrearrear

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Carrico on Monday, February 19, 2018 - 11:59 pm:

Looks like one of the early AA rears to me. The back cover of the worm gear can be removed then pull out the bearing and you can count the starts on the end of the worm the 7.25:1 have 4 starts 6 for the 5.16:1 if I recall correctly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 07:02 am:

This has all the info:

http://aafords.com/aa-chassis/aa-4000-rear-axle/#wta

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Stearman on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 07:28 am:

Thank-you all for the information

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 02:52 am:

The pumpkin looks like the standard TT worm housing. Maybe better pictures will show the added oil return galley in the casting that the AA's got.
Also this might be a combination of parts.
FYI I have have bad luck with rear ends for Doodlebugs owing to the hard life they were subjected to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard L. Kemp on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 11:47 am:

Hi Richard, I sent you another PM (937) 999-9990, thanks Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard L. Kemp on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 10:19 pm:

Hi, I am to reach Richard Stearman. Does anyone know his number or can they call him and ask him to call me. My name is Richard Kemp, (937)999-9990. Thanks Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration