And........ the race is off!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: And........ the race is off!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 09:35 pm:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-ORIGINAL-STEVENS-HUB-THREADER-T-181/323088 461828?hash=item4b3992b004:g:qDYAAOSw6lRaiiP7&vxp=mtr&autorefresh=true

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 11:15 pm:

My guess would be in the 600 to 800 range. but you never know for sure.....when it comes to auctions

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 05:32 am:

Why, you can buy a brand new one. Dan
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/807008.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 06:13 am:

It'll be interesting to see now that there is a reproduction available.

But only if the bidder(s) know that. If they don't, who knows where this will go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Konarowski on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 10:33 am:

I would be asking what kind of steel the reproduction are cast from. Dies are generally made of tool steel so it can cut softer steel. Do not want to use it one time and throw it away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 11:14 am:

Interesting topic, as I just repaired a hub with a snap-on thread file, took a couple minutes and the hub cap now screws all the way on...

You can buy the snap-on files for less then $45 including shipping of ebay, I've had mine since the 70's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 12:18 pm:

Amazing how many people out there in computer land are so unaware what is in the market place! I watch a set of touring rewooding plans go for over 100$ when you can get the same plans for about 55$. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 01:58 pm:

This will go to someone who is into having the old tools. I've found that my modern tools work just fine. Remember that T's were in the era when replaceable sockets were just getting started.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 02:14 pm:

Unless the teeth are chipped, the Stevens, KRW and other era tools work great for what they were intended. :-) The rethreading tool generally goes for high dollars as there were/are not a lot of them. Nice thing about this style, you work out, not in, so you start from clean threads and work to the outside were most of the time the threads were buggered up. The modern type works from the bad threads in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 02:32 pm:

I'm with Joe. I did mine with a set of Snap On thread files and it worked out great.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration