Winfield model M for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Winfield model M for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 11:39 pm:

This is a Winfield M racing carburetor. This one is in pretty good shape, as with all pot metal carburetors, there are a couple small areas that could use a JB weld patch. It is however mostly complete and has the guts inside. Everything moves like it should and could probably be very easily restored. It has an adapter for what looks like a T sized manifold.

$350 plus shipping

Call Daniel 831-278-2742

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 12:01 am:

Is it a B or a C?- hard to tell from the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 12:08 am:

B

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 12:20 pm:

$325 plus shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 10:50 am:

Daniel, I could be mistaken , but I believe the M series carbs were aluminum, which is a good feature. They can easily be heliarc repaired if required.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 11:25 am:

It could be aluminum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 08:06 pm:

$300 plus shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 02:38 pm:

The model M Winfields were pot metal, as well were the S and SR series carburetors. It was the early V and H series that were aluminum.

This carburetor appears to have held up pretty good for a model M. Most of the time the float bowl covers are badly broken and the register for the choke elbow are clean broke off. This looks to be a good start for a useable performance carburetor with fully adjustable idle, intermediate, and high speed jetting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 03:25 pm:

Thanks Kevin, memory is the first thing to go ( I think, I canít remember for sure )

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration