Sure-stop brakes early type drums for small drum wanted

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Sure-stop brakes early type drums for small drum wanted
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 08:11 pm:

I know this is a long shot, but here goes. I'd like to put wire wheels on a small-drum rear end which already has the disc brakes. I've discussed this with Bill Devine, and he tells me that the only straightforward way to do that is to use the drums which once were made by Bill Tharp and Ben Hardeman. Those drums worked with the small-drum parking brake but had the same size rotors as the large-drum brake kit. The current small-drum kits use smaller drums. Maybe someone has removed their earlier drums and replaced them with the smaller ones, which look better. (Maybe?) If you have a pair of those earlier drums sitting on a shelf gathering dust, I'd like to have them. waterwalk999@gmail.com or 479-790-4229. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 07:49 pm:

Let's try this again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 01:50 pm:

Mike:
you may want to contact the Wilwood brake technical people ...it is my understanding that they supplied the design support for the original components for tharp's disc brake setup ...always an optimist..gene french

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration