Looks what's on ebay this morning

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Looks what's on ebay this morning
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 10:50 am:

Steven's axle tool, no affiliation with seller:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stevens-Model-T-Ford-Axel-REAMER/323097625541?hash=item 4b3a1e83c5:g:ozMAAOSwwI1akYBI

Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 11:05 am:

At the rate these tools are going at when it hits 750 I think I'll have to sell Dads.We have never found a bad axle, and we have 2 nos db axles as spares. I would guess that the southern cars got way more use than the northern snow bound cars. Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 12:48 pm:

I partially agree that axles are usually not worth the repair but of the ones I have used my rig on two were DB and one was a one pice spindle axle. Granted I have only done two or three others but those were for practice...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 02:54 pm:

It costs more than that to buy the repro frame and the repro tap and reamer. Then add a few of the inserts, and this one was not really that high. The beauty of this tool is you can fix a bad axle right on the car just as easy as if it was off the car in a vise. I have used my set to rebuild 4 axles (2 were DB axles) and I borrowed a set of the tools to do a couple more before I finally got me a complete set.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration