Wanted: early 1913 engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: early 1913 engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Dragone on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 10:43 pm:

I am looking for an early 1913 engine for my 1913 touring I am restoring. I will take a complete engine or just the block. Please contact me if you have one you would considering selling. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robin Pharis on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 12:36 pm:

Serial number 808666 great shape std bore
$600.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 01:08 pm:

What "early" date/s are you looking for ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 07:46 pm:

Must be a "re-labeled" engine number (June 1915 date) on that '13 block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 09:08 pm:

Or an earlier casting date added on to a later block. The casting of the block looks like it's been worked over pretty good near the numbers. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong? I'm not sure, it just doesn't look like a clean casting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 09:28 pm:

Alex call Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 09:57 pm:

Robin, What style soft plugs does this block have, screw in or drive in?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 11:37 pm:

FYI, The mid 1913 block that I have still has the water jacket lip at the back of the block where the head meets, it also has the screw in core plugs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robin Pharis on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 02:55 pm:

Here's a few more pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 04:11 pm:

The number on the block looks like 308666. That would probably be right for 7-3-13. I have a 10-29-13 block with a number about 120,000 higher, but it is 1914 model year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robin Pharis on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 04:34 pm:

Better picture it is 308666

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 06:52 pm:

Where did you go Alex ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 09:08 pm:

What would a complete engine and transmission assembly from 1913, greasy and original be worth?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Dragone on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 09:24 pm:

I'm still here, just watching this thread. Also, Herb do you have one? I would be interested. The block Robin posted and sent me pictures of looks to be ok, but looks to have been welded. Im not sure about it. Thoughts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robin Pharis on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 10:20 pm:

Alex were do you see a possible repair? I'll magnaflux the block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 11:00 pm:

Can you post better pictures of the area with the casting date?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 10:33 am:

With regard to the photos of engine block 308666 one thing seems inconsistent with others blocks of the time is the font used in the serial number stamping. Almost always the numeral "3" has the sharp cut upper curve instead of the rounded upper shown in this thread.

Pictured here is my 1913 block which illustrates what I an referring to.

Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robin Pharis on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 11:23 am:

A couple of shots of casting date.
Not as pretty as yours Rich.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 12:36 pm:

That edge under the date appears to have been welded, note the pores and pits of a possible weld that has been ground down. Thats a common place for freeze cracks. If welded properly, the block will be fine. Cant see unless its cleaned up some.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robin Pharis on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 04:22 pm:

Nice welds and both sides! Can pressure test block next if anyone cares?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration