Fs Standard oil tank

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Fs Standard oil tank
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 01:22 pm:

A very nice standard oil polarine tank. Would look great on a TT truck. Has subframe, and piping, with springs. Asking $1,800 will trade for 1909 to 12 t parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 12:02 pm:

I so wish this was closer to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 12:07 pm:

you do know it horse drawn. i restored one way back for a man in texas. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 12:14 pm:

Hi Charly, yes I knew that. But it would look great on a TT truck. I understand they went away from horse drawn tanks in the 20s. It was interesting to note the horse drawn wagons negotiated the rural roads much better than the early chain drive trucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 12:19 pm:

This one is in amazing condition, very solid.. it must have come from a dessert area. The lettering still shows on both sides, tank # 5581 I wonder if there's a record of where it was used?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 03:33 pm:

Charley - it looks like it would fit on a TT chassis. Having restored one, do you think it would?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 03:41 pm:

sure it would fit, but the seat would have to go. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 03:51 pm:

Good point.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 06:40 pm:

Here's one mounted on a 1917 international

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 06:43 pm:

Another on an early truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Keller on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 06:57 pm:

Looking at the pics, it looks possible to fabricate a seat over the sitting area of the tank w/o modifying the tank. Just build a seat around/over it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 07:18 pm:

I thought of taking a pattern of the tank shape, and making a new back panel for a TT c cab body. I'm wondering if the seat frame would fit over the tank seat. Slide the tank into the back of the body or slide the body on to the tank. May have to take the engine out going that route!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 07:31 pm:

It would be great to have as support on Model T tours, filled with gas and oil.... The kerosene section could always be converted to a beer tap for desert tours!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 07:31 pm:

I think the built-in seat is swell. Put a vinyl-covered pad on the seat and use it like that. Build a wooden cab around it. Easy-peasy. :-)

(Message edited by coupelet on February 26, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 07:38 pm:

I think Charley is saying the seat is too high once mounted on the frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Paul on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 08:00 pm:

I measured 17" from the bottom of the subframe to the tank seat base. My 09 body measured 14" from top of frame to seat base. If you add the seat springs it measures about 19". Does anyone one know the c cab.seat base ht?
Seems like using a 3" seat spring with a finished ht of 20 " would work just fine.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration