WTB 21" Demountable Rims with Bolt Latch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB 21" Demountable Rims with Bolt Latch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, February 25, 2018 - 05:30 pm:

Chickasha Vendors: WTB TWO straight, usable 21" demountable rims with bolt retaining latch. (No twist turn latches). Rims are going to be replated, so original plating or painted rims are not a problem. Rim mounting lugs can have slight 'egg' to them on one or two lugs; most used rims do. Surface rust and/or light pitting OK. The less; the better.

If you have any rims like described that you are taking to Chickasha, lets share pictures; make a deal; and pay before Chickasha. I have club member/friend attending who will pick them up and transport for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 05:54 am:

Terry, as far as I Know, all rims had the lug nearest the valve stem hole slightly egg shaped from new. This enabled the rim to be fitted without having to drive the bolt back through the felloe and then tapping it back out again.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 01:17 pm:

I've heard something similar to that about the Chevy 21" split rims, but not the Fords. I have at least two Ford rims that seem to have perfect holes in all four lugs.

Come on, Chickasha vendors; some of you must have a decent 21" rim or two !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 09:23 pm:

Bump. Surely some vendor going to Chickasha has some decent, usable 21" demountable bolt latch rims. I hate to buy new reproductions, but if Chickasha comes and goes, I'll be forced to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 09:25 pm:

Also, in the market for a complete Rocky Mountain brake setup for 26-27 large drum. Good used, O.K. If not I'll have to buy used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, March 02, 2018 - 12:25 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 01:05 am:

I find it hard to believe that usable 21" split rims are as scarce as hen's teeth. I though for sure that I'd have multiple offers to choose from, but no a one. I guess I'll be breaking down and buying two new ones.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration